Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#419193 - 10/19/11 01:48 PM US $61,500 is a joke!
Marty Offline
by Lincoln Eiley for Amandala

Editor Amandala,

American imperialism is a term that refers to the political, economic, military and cultural influence of the United States of America on other countries.

The foreign policies of the United States of America have had negative effects on many countries.

It has caused conflict and turmoil within the society of a lot of countries, turning people against themselves in many instances and degrading their culture and society.

It is not the business of a foreign diplomat to support financially and politically an organization that is changing the morals within Belize.

I am not anti-American, but I am against the agenda of the UNIBAM movement which defies our Constitution and the Supremacy of God. It defies our moral, ethical and religious beliefs as a Christian nation.

United States policies have contributed greatly to the largest economic recession and backlash in current times. They have had the greatest loss in the world stock markets, and their real estate industry has crashed, so many of their banks are failing, and the economic doom continues with the
recent announcement by the largest bank in America, ironically, the BANK of AMERICA, of their plan to lay off 30,000 employees.

My suspicion is that lately, the United States Embassy received a backlash from the Belizean community and the Prime Minister of Belize for “black listing” Belize as a major drug trafficking
country when in fact, 95% of the drugs travelling from South America, directed to the country’s north, ends up in the UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

5% remains in our small countries to wreak havoc on our young people and societies, the root cause of our crime and violence in Belize.

If the United States of America is the largest drug trafficker in the world, because they have the demand, who gets to blacklist them? The finger, rather, must be pointed back at them.

So right after the Prime Minister of Belize lashed back at the blacklisting of Belize by the US on one of the talk shows this week, my suspicion was raised, and the wheels of the United States Embassy started turning for public relations. As a “Good Samaritan,” the US contributed US$61,500 to try and brush off the major issue of blacklisting our little Belize.

Well here it is: by blacklisting Belize as a major drug trafficking country to the world, we can quantify our losses to be in the tens of millions, since it derails potential investors to Belize from other countries.

It is a major loss to us, just by the stroke of a pen. US$61,500 is a joke.

WAKE UP BELIZE! Rise and Shine!

Lincoln Eiley
Justice of the Peace

#419972 - 10/27/11 01:33 AM Re: US $61,500 is a joke! [Re: Marty]
PROBUS Offline
Originally Posted By: Marty
by Lincoln Eiley for Amandala
I am not anti-American, but I am against the agenda of the UNIBAM movement which defies our Constitution and the Supremacy of God. It defies our moral, ethical and religious beliefs as a Christian nation

Is it appropriate or accurate to say this? I don't think so.

#419980 - 10/27/11 02:39 AM Re: US $61,500 is a joke! [Re: PROBUS]
belizeonthebeach Offline
This ain't Kansas, Probus

#420020 - 10/27/11 03:47 PM Re: US $61,500 is a joke! [Re: Marty]
CoolCatMan Offline
The US and DEA have always finger pointed to elsewhere first it is what it is, Imperialism? just plain self centred arrogance more like it! Won't be long and the US will have all there borders fenced, there will always be a drugs, like the prostitution issue it is not going away until legalized don't think there is any chance of that! Let them close the borders they are doing a great job of it now, I also think there economy is on the verge of total collapse like what is happening in Europe unless they find some other country to invade and control. There is a shift happening the world over it is not going to get better until it gets much worst, the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer but a uprising is happening check your world news.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.