Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4196 - 10/02/00 11:47 PM EVERYONE.... GOOD NEWS
Anonymous
OK, SORRY TO YELL, BUT HERE'S THE DEAL...I'M IN DALLAS W/ DALLAS DAVE AND CELESTE WHO HAVE CHILDREN AND FAMILY ON THE ISLAND... JUST TALKED TO JERRY MCDERMOTT WHO HAS RADIO CONTACT TO OUR FAV ISLAND,...WORD IS, EVERYBODY IS OK...VERY FEW CASUALTIES, MAYBE SOME FOLKS ON THE OUTSKIRTS WAY IN THE BACK IN SHACKS, NOBODY KNOWS...LOTS OF PEOPLE COMING BY THE AIRPORT (WHERE THE RADIO IS) SAYING EVERYBODY OK FOR THE MOST PART,MAYBE SOME CUTS AND SRATCHES FROM FLYING DEBRIS, LOT'S OF DAMAGE, LOT'S OF ROOFS GONE,(MOSTLY TIN), BUT ALSO LOT'S OF FOOD AND WATER, AND EVERYONE GOOD AND JUST WAITING OUT THE STORM. THEIR COMING IN WED TO BELIZE CTY. TO TRY TO MAKE IT TO THE ISLE. HOPE THIS COMFORTS LOTS OF YOU OUT THERE,...VERY, VERY GOOD NEWS!

#4197 - 10/02/00 11:53 PM Re: EVERYONE.... GOOD NEWS
Pat Collins Carpenter Offline
That certainly the latest news we have received.
Is there a way we can call the airport and get information.??
We are still so worried about the Carpenter family on their sailboat.
Will there be flights on Tropic Air tomorrow if the storm clears?
Evidently the storm is now "drifting" 1 MPH west. Its about time.
Thanks
pc

#4198 - 10/02/00 11:53 PM Re: EVERYONE.... GOOD NEWS
lmarquis Offline
Thanks for your report. I do not know anyone personally down there, have no family or friends on A.C., but have been on this board daily for months. I am glad to hear people are okay. Our vacation to A.C. is Thanksgiving week and I hope everything is okay to go. After being on the board for so long, I don't want to go anywhere else!

#4199 - 10/03/00 01:13 AM Re: EVERYONE.... GOOD NEWS
Felicity Offline
Thanks for the information.

My Sister Emily is on a bus from Tikal to Caye Caulker Belize and I believe that they are stuck halfway. Are the roads open yet? When will the airport be open again?

#4200 - 10/03/00 01:15 AM Re: EVERYONE.... GOOD NEWS
Belize Mama Offline
Hurray, hurray! Anyone know if Tammy aka:Sandshaker (from the Basil Jones Resort Office) has come by the airport? I want to be able to call her Mom and give her some good news.

#4201 - 10/03/00 01:27 AM Re: EVERYONE.... GOOD NEWS
winchtx Offline
We saw your report & our hearts were joyous! I was wondering if you get in contact again could you ask if anyone has seen any members of the Badillo and Calderon families. I would like to know how are my mother & father(Martha & Ramon) and everyone else. You might know my bother, Picho & newphew Pocho, who work at Tropic Air.

#4202 - 10/03/00 02:11 AM Re: EVERYONE.... GOOD NEWS
Marty Offline
-

#4203 - 10/03/00 02:23 AM Re: EVERYONE.... GOOD NEWS
Casa Gonzo Offline
Jerry, can you ask J McDermott is anyone knows about Marie and Armando Escalon down at Casa Gonzo (2 miles south of airstrip & 1/4 mile south of Victoria House)?

Just to know they are all right would be a huge, huge relief.

Thank you,
Walter

#4204 - 10/03/00 04:16 AM Re: EVERYONE.... GOOD NEWS
NEANA Offline
gald things are ok.....unfortunate about the few casualties though......keep us posted dad

#4205 - 10/03/00 04:28 AM Re: EVERYONE.... GOOD NEWS
iluvbelize Offline
What casualties are there in San Pedro?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (reaper, katzgar, Jameela01), 35 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,301 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.