Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41955 07/12/01 10:34 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Returned from AC on Sunday and thought I would share some thoughts so I may help others before their trip like this message board helped me.

Stayed at Victoria House and thought it was beautiful. It took a matter of minutes for my husband and I to relax and leave the stress of Houston behind. Their dive shop was so convienant to planning our activities. The lobster was the best I had...and I ate it practically everyday at different places.
You must rent a golf cart and travel up north...stop at Sweet Basils for a wonderful lunch and cocktails...and continue on for a hilirous bumpy ride to Capricorns where we met Robert and had several drinks...of course the driver didn't partake...don't want to start the whole drinkin' n drivin' conversation!! [Linked Image]
Our favorite places to eat were Jambel Jerk...sooo good, Sweet Basils, Capricorn, and Victoria House. Didn't care for Elvi's...thought the food was a bit overpriced for the quality.

Activity wise, loved all the water activities.. Lamanai was a long ride but looking back I am glad we got to see the jungle with the monkeys and toucans...you don't see those in Texas too often [Linked Image]

One last word of advice to the rookie AC traveler...lock your golf cart at night. My husband and I weren't aware of the whole "one key fits all golf carts" rule. We came out of Fidos after many drinks and realized our golf cart was taken. Since all of them look the same its easy to see how it was missing. No big deal...just took a taxi home and the hotel reassured us that they would find it...its an island after all, where is it going to go!!
We will be back very soon. We have traveled to a lot of places and this was one of the best trips we have taken.

#41956 07/12/01 10:38 AM
cute report. glad you enjoyed your stay. hurry up and get back there. don't you just love Sweet Basil's, great service and wonderful views.

#41957 07/12/01 11:16 AM
K
K
Nice report...good move by the way on not bringing up the whole "drinking and driving" angle.

EVEN THOUGH ITS A FREAKING GOLF CART.

--come on becky back me up.

NOTE: please no morality posts on drinking and driving, we dont want to go there again [Linked Image]

#41958 07/12/01 11:50 AM
I'm with you Koz, but I ain't starting no trouble today, I'm still trying to find the person who posted pictures of me around San Pedro in my golfcart. The caption stated that if you saw me in my golfcart to call the San Pedro Police. There was also mention of a vicious dog who's hiding underneath the seat. I tell ya!!!

#41959 07/12/01 01:38 PM
Enjoyed the trip report. We liked Sweet Basil's a lot too. It was my husband's favorite place. I agree. No more Elvi's for us either. We learned our lesson last year, so we didn't even read their menu this year.
As for the golf carts..... They are so much fun. We locked ours (most of the time) but many times we would come out of Fido's or some other place, and there would be people sitting in it relaxing or hiding from the sun during the day. Some were even selling stuff out of it. We had to laugh, one even asked US to wait. He was making a sale and had jewelry spread all over the back seat!!!!! So..... we waited. [Linked Image]
Debbie

#41960 07/12/01 07:06 PM
S
S
Beth,
My husband and I were at the VH last week too!
We are also from Houston. We were there from Thursday to Thursday(july5) I thought we had met just about everyone there! We may have met and I don't remember( lots of Belikens in the bar) We stayed in a casita and loved it. We are already planning on going back!
We liked the dive shop too. Did you dive with Rene Bradley?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.