Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
FYI -
The shots question jump started my concern for my health while in Belize, so I made an appointment with my travel clinic here in Austin. It seems that if you are spending all your time on AC, you don't have much to worry about. Since I am spending time in the jungle and Guatemala, I got a typhoid shot as well as Hep A/B and malaria pills. That typhoid shot is SMARTS! Boy does my arm hurt. So, if you're not going into the jungle, it sounded like you are pretty safe. However, I am not a doctor, and this is not medical advice, so don't sue me if I'm wrong. (us lawyers are always paranoid - disclaim everything)

J
J
Well, finally back to the subject although the other "subject" was quite interesting.
I did get the Hep A, Typhoid and am now taking Malaria pills. Also prescriptions for The Travelers Blues. Better safe than sorry I guess. Only doing day trips to the mainland, but you can get Hep A anywhere!
I'll be there in 4 days and don't want anything to spoil my two weeks in paradise! Anyone else getting close to a trip?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Serious now, I don't really know how that other thread got all weird, but if you are not up on your tetanus shot, (it lasts for years) I would consider getting one of those also. If you are a diver I would talk to your doc and get some 'Entex-LA' if
you suffer from sinus troubles or happen to get a cold while there, it will really keep the sinuses open and drained, a good aid for
intestinal troubles is 'Lomotil', both are prescription drugs, so you will need to ask
your Dr. for them. I look at this way, as I spend thousands of dollars to go have fun, I do not want to let some cold, flu, sickness or disease to get the best of me, so I take my shots in the butt (don't want a sore arm) and take all the drugs with me to help us if we require them. I'm sure we have all heard a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Koz, you are killing me! I am cracking up!!

I am up on my tetanus. Had to have that in college a few years back before I could register for classes. Not a diver (don't have time to get certified before we go - bummer!), so that's covered. Am getting some Cipro for the stomach bacteria type stuff. Thanks for the advice!

E
E
I, too, called the international travel clinic for my HMO. They recommended all of the above. So went & got today. I agree, the typhoid arm is really soar, but nothing I can't live with. I had heard if you move your arm a lot right after the shot, you won't be so soar. Because I remembered incorrectly, I moved the Hep arm all around(thinking that was the shot you had wrote was really painfull) and ignored the Typhoid arm. You know, my hep arm doesn't feel so bad!!! BUT, I CAN BARELY MOVE MY TYPHOID ARM!
Erika

B
B
Most of these drugs you can get without a scrip in Belize... at least from what I saw. Turnbun - that includes Cipro.

Y
Y
What is Cipro? What does it do?

T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Cipro is an antibiotic that will kill any little buggies that may wreak havoc on your digestive system and cause not-so-fun symptoms that you don't want to have on your wedding day. I'm so paranoid that montezuma will take revenge on me the day of the weddinng. YIKES!

Y
Y
About this Cipro, Do I need this, Where would I get this. I don't want to be sick at all either. I'm calling my doctor today about shots, I was thinking I didn't need them but I guess it's better to be safe.

hey....

I know, I know I'ts all my fault....

Dont worry about getting sick....

enjoy yourself....

We ate just about everything....

As you know....

And the Dr. said the fever and vomiting will be gone by the first snow fall....

hacker

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.