Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#419978 - 10/27/11 02:24 AM San Pedro Belize Social Club
indygal Offline
There is a new group starting on our island, with the purpose being to foster new friendships and to help new folks moving to the island to feel welcome and settle in quicker. Vacationers are of course welcome to join us when in town.

It has always seemed to me that the island revolves around the consumption of alcohol and if that floats your boat you have many venues, but it is my desire to get people together for the joy of knowing someone new and the company of old friends. I thought we would plan a dinner once a week and maybe lunch too – trying out different restaurants. Perhaps take some excursions if there is interest. A pot luck (pitch in) dinner maybe once a month would be nice too. I expect this will be like most everything else in San Pedro – a laid back organization, loosely run.

First gathering to be around November 15th. Hope you join us. Pamela Morrill

p.s. There are similar "Social Clubs" where ever there are large numbers of ex-pats around the world. And yes several years ago there was a San Pedro Social Club that folded - I think run by folks who were not on island who raised money for charities?

#419981 - 10/27/11 03:02 AM Re: San Pedro Belize Social Club [Re: indygal]
ScubaLdy Offline
What a good idea. Please count me in. I enjoyed the weekly lunch meetings of the Chamber of Commerce. It was a bunch of people interested in doing some good works here on the island. I miss seeing them.

I sent you a PM and look forward to hearing more about this.

#420057 - 10/27/11 09:24 PM Re: San Pedro Belize Social Club [Re: indygal]
Rykat Offline
Oh Boy, been waiting for this let me know when you get it going! Just PM me! smirk smile

#420059 - 10/27/11 09:38 PM Re: San Pedro Belize Social Club [Re: indygal]
shuffles Offline
Great idea Pam!!!

#420066 - 10/27/11 10:57 PM Re: San Pedro Belize Social Club [Re: Rykat]
SP Daily Offline
Originally Posted By: Rykat
Oh Boy, been waiting for this let me know when you get it going! Just PM me! smirk smile

Geez...now there's a turd in the punchbowl!

#420075 - 10/27/11 11:19 PM Re: San Pedro Belize Social Club [Re: indygal]
ScubaLdy Offline
Rycat - Do you think you can handle interchange without hiding behind anonimity? Hopefully the one requiremet for participation will be a open mind interested in other peoples experiences.

#420087 - 10/28/11 12:24 AM Re: San Pedro Belize Social Club [Re: ScubaLdy]
clover Offline
Originally Posted By: ScubaLdy
Rycat - Do you think you can handle interchange without hiding behind anonimity? Hopefully the one requiremet for participation will be a open mind interested in other peoples experiences.

Catty at best....and a sure way to exclude membership end ensure failure.............good luck.

#420088 - 10/28/11 12:31 AM Re: San Pedro Belize Social Club [Re: clover]
SP Daily Offline
Guess she knows Rykat's rep

#420089 - 10/28/11 12:32 AM Re: San Pedro Belize Social Club [Re: indygal]
Amanda Syme Offline
There is an existing San Pedro Social Club that has organized some nice charitable events and donated to varies causes over the years. I can't remember who the organizers and participants are but I think some of them are owners at the BYC. You should be able to research this group through the local newspaper archives.

#420090 - 10/28/11 12:36 AM Re: San Pedro Belize Social Club [Re: Amanda Syme]
SP Daily Offline
seems it was disbanded after a big brouhaha over accounting for donated funds

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (FoFoFo), 27 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,051 Topics
462,279 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.