Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Very credible sources say that Hon Carlos Perdomo has stepped down as Minister of National security. We have not been able to get any official word, but some are saying that Perdomo is likely to be replaced by the brother of the minister of police. The Minister of Police is Dough Sing and rumors have it that Mike Singh may be the new Minister of police. Others are saying that it is a Corozal representative. At any rate, it sounds as if Perdomo will not be running in the next elections. We also understand that Nemencio Acosta was sworn in today as the Minister of State in the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries. As we said, these are unconfirmed reports and we will have more on this in tomorrow's newscast.

PlusTV

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Hon. Perdomo Will Step Down In Caribbean Shores

Tonight, the good news is that Hurricane Rina is no longer a threat to Belize and NEMO has given the all clear. We'll get to that shortly, but first, a juicy political story:

There are multiple, reliable reports from within the UDP tonight which say that Carlos Perdomo will step down as Caribbean Shores Standard Bearer and not seek another term as area rep.

Those reports say that due to poor health - specifically a bad knee - he will step down and give way to BELTRAIDE Executive Chairman Mike Singh who would become the UDP standard bearer for Caribbean Shores.

We were unable to speak to Perdomo by phone, but we did ask him to confirm or deny by text and interestingly he told us the reports are quote, "not true!"

But we've decided to go with the story as unconfirmed because we are informed from reliable UDP sources that he called his committee last night and told them of his decision. Most likely, that decision is to simply serve out his term and hand over to a successor candidate of his choosing.

We spoke to Mike Singh who told us that he would, quote "certainly be interested but there's nothing official yet." Singh told us that he is quote, "getting visible" and helping Perdomo redesign his Caribbean Shores campaign.

Singh added that Perdomo and his wife's health are not optimal. Perdomo, we note, had knee surgery months ago, is still using a crutch and has difficulty getting around.

And so while Singh appears ready and Perdomo is denying, no time frame has been suggested to us.

But it does raise the possibility of that other thing we've been talking about: an early general election - one that rumors suggest could be very soon. That's because if Perdomo steps down - even as Area Representative - within three months of an election - there would be no need for a bye-election.

We'll wait and see how it plays out...

Channel 7

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Hon. Perdomo steps aside for health reasons

November 2nd, 2011

Hon Dean Barrow
UDP Party Leader &
Prime Minister
Belize City

Dear Party Leader;

After several months of personal soul searching, private discussions with family members and frank conversation with UDP Caribbean Shores Committee members, I have decided to withdraw as a UDP Candidate for Caribbean Shores at the next general elections.

This has not been an easy decision for me, as I love to serve each and all of my constituents. It is never an easy task to say, to persons who believe in me that I cannot offer myself for re-election.

And it is an ever harder task to step-aside for a new candidate in an electoral division that is clearly, once again, going to choose the United Democratic Party.

Nevertheless, my personal physical condition and the grave concern for the health conditions of my dear spouse have urged me to re-think my earlier decision to run as Area Rep. for another term. So, today, it is my painful duty to write that I am stepping aside as UDP Candidate, to make way for a new UDP Candidate in Caribbean Shores.

I have shared the situation with our Caribbean Shores political committee and in our search to identify a most suitable person, we as ateam, have decided to give our full support and endorsement to Mr. Michael Singh - an outstanding UDP activist in our Caribbean Shores Constituency.Myself, our committee and our machinery will afford full backing to Mike Singh.

As you know, Leader, I will continue to work arduously for Caribbean Shores as Area Rep., until the bugle is sounded for General Elections.

Sincerely and Respectfull
Carlos Perdomo
Area Rep
Caribbean Shores

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.