Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#42065 - 07/13/01 03:25 AM Gettin back to normal!!!!
rickcheri Offline
Hey you all out there.. I've been reading alot of stuff that dosen't belong on this topic... Its the island we are supposed to talk about and when I read some of the stuff that is being said here.. It would turn me off if I was a first time visitor.. I know Marty did not intend it to be like that.. You can make you comments on the General Chat area, where anything goes.. Please use that.. Sorry, but I have the island in mind... Thanks, Rick

#42066 - 07/13/01 09:07 AM Re: Gettin back to normal!!!!
swayflo Offline
I agree to some extent. I think these posts have just been bringing potential friends closer. We met some good friends on this board and got to meet them for real in AC. I guess some of the subject matter would scare people, or maybe just intrigue them to find out more. At least some of the posts showed a sense of humor, instead of bickering. I guess it's also true that people should use the general chat if they have something uninformative to say, but actually everything I've read has informed me one way or another.

#42067 - 07/13/01 01:29 PM Re: Gettin back to normal!!!!
Laguna Punta Offline
Nothin in San Pedro is normal, so why should its board be? My pet theory is paradise draws only the maladjusted. So it looks pretty much normal, but if everyone was wearing straight jackets, as they should, then ya would think these people are crazy, as indeed they are...
Gone fishing!!

#42068 - 07/19/01 01:23 AM Re: Gettin back to normal!!!!
snugglesmama Offline
I haven't read too much that is bad here. Mostly found something of interest or informative. I visited the chat area. Was too risque for me. Not vcery interesting to anyone who wasn't in the know.

#42069 - 07/19/01 09:26 AM Re: Gettin back to normal!!!!
NYgal Offline
I got chewed up when I reminded those, that just want to chat, there was a "general chat" area for idle nonsense. Hope this one passes through without ill ease.
There are things that certainly have made me leery of the island. Vacationers is one. Perhaps I am just getting wiser in my grown-up years. I agree with Bill.

#42070 - 07/19/01 10:40 AM Re: Gettin back to normal!!!!
IslandJunkie Offline
NYGal- What about vacationers has made you "leery?" I've found everyone I've met on AC and on this board to be thoroughly delightful, warm, and with a great (though at times a little off-beat, admittedly) sense of humor- vacationers, Belizeans, and ex-pats alike. I'm not trying to come down on your opinion, I'm just really curious. I guess I agree somewhat about using the general chat area, but then again, IMHO - there are so many other more important topics worthy of worrying about. Even if there is at times some friendly banter or chit-chat, everyone does a great job answering questions and the board seems to be fulfilling its purpose one way or another. If it brings friends closer together, we're just all that much more blessed. There are also those who post questions in the general chat area, and while sometimes people comment on that, the questions still get answered. IJ

#42071 - 07/19/01 11:11 AM Re: Gettin back to normal!!!!
Well said Island Junkie.

#42072 - 07/19/01 11:25 AM Re: Gettin back to normal!!!!
AC Beach Bum Offline

I really have to agree with you on this one. I have been visiting this board since February- long past my return from the island. I love everything this board has to offer! I think that almost all legitimate inquiries are addressed in a responsible and thoughtful matter and that questions are answered wonderfully by everyone here.

I have really enjoyed the current post which discusses the serious issues of the beaches of AC. I think this dialog is very educational. I also enjoy coming back to read the monstrous amount of nonsense we call "Shots?" This board provides a hilarious relief from my daily cubicle existence! It makes me laugh! I think everyone's contributions are welcome!

Rick, no offense buddy, but I noticed a few weeks back that you used this forum to wish your wife a Happy Birthday. Did that post provide any insight into information about AC? Nah, not really. Did anyone get riled up enough about it to tell you to knock it off? Nope. Some things just aren't worth getting upset about. Maybe you are just excited about leaving for AC in a few days, eh?

If you snipit writers, bone scanning goofballs, and anyone else with a keen sense of wit find your humor unwelcome here and decide to take up residence on another board-- please let me know so I can come by for a visit

#42073 - 07/19/01 12:17 PM Re: Gettin back to normal!!!!
NYgal Offline

nuff said

#42074 - 07/19/01 10:01 PM Re: Gettin back to normal!!!!
rickcheri Offline
Birthday......he told ya'll i had a birthday???? Never ever ever!!! I'm 25, been 25 for some years now!! LOL still tell my mom "it'a a mistake somewhere"? LOL birth certificate is WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! (still only 38)...but no children...so i figure i can take OFF atleast 10 yrs!!?? We went to AC BEFORE we even had a computer!!! RICK bought it for me for my hhmmmmm...Special Day!!! Keep talking guys/gals and Angels to Ya C

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (lovey and thurston, 2 invisible), 45 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,637 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,300 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.