Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Damned if you do, damned if you don't comes to mind...............

I've already told you more than I know.
T
T
They did a good job for what they had to work with, give them a break.Welcome to island life,this will pass.

I think anybody doing good things to help
is a wonderful thing .I know shit happens here .but a good step in the right direction will be down will watch a movie and buy a bag of popcorn if you have any .I never thought the island would have a movie .Capt hollywood I will say hi .

Last edited by captjeff; 11/07/11 06:26 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
B
B
Originally Posted by champion
Originally Posted by Loansum-Al K
Yeah, until they find a way to drain the water all they're doing is wiping their a__ on a hoop grin

That becomes a bigger problem than you think. If you just drain it thru culverts to the sea or into the ground, you take all the road grim with it. The storm sewers have to be filtered and processed somehow. $$$$$$$$$$

Champion,
You have no idea of the topography of that area.
The difference between the road running to the lagoon vs the lagoon running to the road is mere inches. Tides play a big factor this time of year also. Culverts? Ha!!!They are down there somewhere. I saw Casey put them in and Ms. Elsa and the town board paid for them.
Then came Reef Village.First thing they did was bury them.

Originally Posted by belizeonthebeach
Originally Posted by champion
Originally Posted by Loansum-Al K
Yeah, until they find a way to drain the water all they're doing is wiping their a__ on a hoop grin

That becomes a bigger problem than you think. If you just drain it thru culverts to the sea or into the ground, you take all the road grim with it. The storm sewers have to be filtered and processed somehow. $$$$$$$$$$

Champion,
You have no idea of the topography of that area.
The difference between the road running to the lagoon vs the lagoon running to the road is mere inches. Tides play a big factor this time of year also. Culverts? Ha!!!They are down there somewhere. I saw Casey put them in and Ms. Elsa and the town board paid for them.
Then came Reef Village.First thing they did was bury them.

I know what you mean, been there and seen it. Not only is it mere inches, its also nearly 200 yrds to the sea. What I am talking about is the waste water to the sea if that was what was done, would need to be processed somehow so you don't degrade the reef with oils and such.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
B
B
The sewage treatment and disposal apparently is done by above ground anaerobic systems that are hidden behind palmetto sticks.
I am aware of 1 but there may be more. They work well if maintained but being above ground is curious as s&^%t flows downhill on this planet. I doubt if the effluent goes to the sea.

Last edited by belizeonthebeach; 11/07/11 06:54 PM.
OP Offline
The first pass to Grand Caribe was done today. Before all the haters get their panties in a knot, we will be doing it again on Wednesday or Thursday (weather permiting). We want to give the soil a chance to compact and dry a little. The second phase from Grand Caribe to Las Terazzas will begin early next week, again weather permitting.

For you armchair road engineers, we are crowning the road as best we can with what we have to work with.

Loansum, if you want drainage ditches and culverts I can do that to. Just let me know where I can pick up your cheque.

I hope you are independently wealthy.

Thanks to all those who are supporting this project.

B
B
Hey Capt.
I ain't complaining at all.
I will don some spandex and be you cheerleader for free.
I hope you don't call me on that one.

You are doing just fine with what you have to work with. It is a never ending job until the day arives that it is engineered and built to some type of normal spec.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
OP Offline
EXACTLY

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.