Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#420813 - 11/02/11 08:43 PM Private Yacht/Catamaran for charter?
Ms Mar Offline
Good Afternoon everyone...Anyone's got any information on companies or owners of yachts/catamaran that does charter sailing from Belize to anywhere in the Caribbean?

#420855 - 11/03/11 01:26 AM Re: Private Yacht/Catamaran for charter? [Re: Ms Mar]
Judyann H. Offline
Hello Ms Mar.....We had an exceptional vacation from San Pedro with TMM....The owners are fabulous and they have incredible Catamarans with beautiful accommodations.....Good Luck!

You can reach them at charter@sailtmm.com

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com

#420862 - 11/03/11 02:04 AM Re: Private Yacht/Catamaran for charter? [Re: Ms Mar]
SimonB Offline
Unfortunately we only charter in Belize, BVI and The Grenadines. I don't know of any company that will do a private charter from Belize to anywhere. I can hook you up with a company that does a scheduled charter around the Caribbean and other places in the world with designated stops, they run $25,000 per week.

#420960 - 11/03/11 10:45 PM Re: Private Yacht/Catamaran for charter? [Re: Judyann H.]
Ms Mar Offline
Thank you for the info....

Enjoy your day!

Mar

#420961 - 11/03/11 10:49 PM Re: Private Yacht/Catamaran for charter? [Re: SimonB]
Ms Mar Offline
Hi Simon, you were the first company i checked with unfortunately am still searching ...scheduled charters wouldnt work iether. Thanks for info...

#420997 - 11/04/11 01:40 PM Re: Private Yacht/Catamaran for charter? [Re: Ms Mar]
SimonB Offline
You may want to try and find a Yacht Charter Broker that specializes in luxury yacht charters.

#421016 - 11/04/11 02:56 PM Re: Private Yacht/Catamaran for charter? [Re: Ms Mar]
ragman Online   content
Ms Mar, Unless you have a very specific reason to start in Belize I believe the preferred route would be to start in St. Thomas, BVI or St. Martin; down Island and then head west. This would be a more traditional and more comfortable route taking into account the prevailing winds.

If you only desire to sail the Western Caribbean you could depart from the same area and sail South to Venezuela or the Islands off the mainland and then sail west. This would put you in position for the ABC Islands, Columbia, and San Blas Islands before heading into the Western Caribbean. Of course you could also just head west from the Virgins to Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and Jamaica but that isnít considered as interesting a route. This and other sailing routes are explained in Jimmy Cornellís, World Cruising Routes.

In addition there will be more opportunities to find a yacht to accomplish this if you start in this area. You gave very little information in your request so I apologize if you are already familiar with this information. Good Luck

PS If you PM me with more specifics I will attempt to give you ideas on how you might accomplish what you have in mind. Time and budget of course would determine what is possible.

Edited by ragman (11/04/11 03:16 PM)
Edit Reason: pm

#421045 - 11/04/11 07:58 PM Re: Private Yacht/Catamaran for charter? [Re: Ms Mar]
Rachael Eteson Offline
I have sent you a PM
Best
Rachael

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (ragman, samalvey), 43 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,047 Topics
462,273 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.