Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all the info. Very interesting luggage policies. I'm used to the puddle jumpers to out islands in the Bahamas and they limit you to 1 piece no more than 35lbs.

You can purchase in a duty free shop on an arriving flight??

M
M
If you are talking about Alcohol, they have it duty free at the Belize City airport. After you go thru customs, you can walk in and buy it, they also have cheap cigarettes if you happen to smoke.

mawags, I think you meant to say BEFORE you go through customs and after you go through immigration.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
M
M
Yep, You're right, Sorry!

S
OP Offline
S
How is the selection of tequila and wine?

Depends on the day.

Change your Latitude
G
G
Definitely Fly! we dont travel very light (2 fullsize bags and a carryon Per person) and have never had a problem. As mentioned we have occasionally had our luggage come in on a second flight.

The thing about Tropic and the flights is they List one fight at say 4 pm, but they just keep flying until everyone and everything is where it wants to be. We have been the only passengers on occasion because they filled up our plane, so they re-routed another, and we arrived 15 mins behind the one we were sposed to be on.

Try it!

C
C
Take the plane. If you have alot of luggage the land taxis will charge for xtra pieces, the plane wont. We just came in with 300lbs of luggage no problem with puddle jumper. The land taxis are charging now more than $25, as I have heard.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
S
S
We moved to San Pedro this week with 2 large suitcases each, 2 fairly large hand luggages each and a 80 lb dog in a giant crate. I emailed both Tropicair and Mayaisland air through their website. While Tropic air wanted to charge us 3 seats for our dog and send our luggage on 2 differant flights. Maya Island air wanted to only charge us for 2 seats.
We read on this board that you can ask for a 10 % discount and we might get it. Tropicair would not give us a discount since we were only going one way to San Pedro. Maya Island air gave us a 10% discount (62 instead of 68 dollars) and since we had all this luggage and the dog flew a special plane in to take only our family and luggage to San Pedro. The service was outstanding. We will always fly Maya Island air from now on and recommend them to everyone.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all the info on flying. I work for a major airline and fly all the time, so I am always interested in other means of transportation (water taxi) rickshaw, camel, etc but may take the flight on the way back.

Has anybody taken the water taxi and enjoyed it?

Other than the local water taxi is there any way to get from Sueno Del Mar to San Pedro on a regular basis other than the Sueno boat that picks up guests.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.