Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#420921 11/03/11 11:04 AM
S
OP Offline
S
This will be my first time visiting AC. Will be flying into Belize International airport. Will be taking the water taxi to San Pedro. I assume I can take a taxi from the airport to the Water taxi. How much does the taxi cost and how long a ride (time wise) from the airport to water taxi dock. Because of arrival time will probably be taking the San Pedro Express 3:pm, but may be able to take the 1:30 Caye Caulker water taxi. How long is the water taxi ride from Belize to SP?

Thanks
Larry

Taxi from the airport is 25usd or 50bz and is about 20-30min ride.

Water taxi from Belize city is 30bz one way and is an hour and a half ride. There are two water taxi services San Pedro Express and Caye caulker water taxi association. Both are good and run on different time shedules. the two terminals are a couple of blocks apart so you can walk it but not with tons of luggage.

Another option is you can take a small plane from the airport in Belize directly to San pedro with Tropic Air or Maya. A little more expensive but a lot less hassle.

We have done both the water taxi and the flight. Will do the flight every time from now on. What a great view you get coming into AC and it takes minutes instead of an hour and a half. Plus if you go to http://tacogirl.com/ she will get you details on getting you a discount on your flight. Not a paid advertisement. Just trying to help.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the info. Due to the amount of luggage my wife is planning on bringing I think the puddle jumper is out of the question.

Any liquor stores on the way from the aiport to the water taxi dock?

B
B
the cheapest by far is the duty free in the airport...stop in while you are waiting for your luggage.

I totally agree with taking the flight rather than the water taxi, as for luggage; I never bring anything more than a carry on and I am generally there from 10 days to two weeks.

Originally Posted by sundancer
Due to the amount of luggage my wife is planning on bringing I think the puddle jumper is out of the question.

Tropic Air or Maya Air will take as much luggage as you want.....no extra bag fees!!!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
M
M
Also, there are no bathrooms on the boat, makes for a long ride! We took the boat the first time and since, have always taken the plane, it only takes 15 minutes by plane compared to 1.5 hours by boat.

I often go down to San Pedro for long periods of time, and take super sized luggage (2 pieces), an extra large carry-on suitcase, as well as, a huge bag that constitutes as a purse.

Never any trouble taking the puddle jumper . . .the carry-on suitcase rarely gets to go with me in the cabin, but I'm allowed to take it to the plane myself, and they put it underneath while I watch.

From time to time, but not that often, my larger luggage arrives on a different plane. Haven't lost a piece yet, never been charged for extra luggage or overweight . . . which is certainly something I can't say for the international carriers.

Take the plane, don't worry about your luggage with the puddle jumper.

Seems to me, you'll have a lot more trouble with all that luggage, trying to take the water taxi.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Tropic will let you check in as much bags as you need. as stated, excess luggage will go space available. If you dont want to wait for it to arrive in San Pedro. Tropic can help you with arrangements to deliver it to your resort. Most times with no fee if other guests are arriving later in the day.
If you need your stuff to fly with you. You can buy an extra seat and they will put it on your flight

"
From time to time, but not that often, my larger luggage arrives on a different plane. Haven't lost a piece yet, never been charged for extra luggage or overweight . . . which is certainly something I can't say for the international carriers.

Take the plane, don't worry about your luggage with the puddle jumper."

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 184 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.