Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Suncub Offline OP
OP Offline
S
American Airlines sells two flights daily from MIA/BZE/MIA, but ours was cancelled last week due to "weather in Belize". Similarly, our friends' flight yesterday was cancelled due to "weather in Belize" - both days "severe clear". Is AA on some kind of work stoppage? Are other folks experiencing last-minute cancellations by AA from BZE or MIA?

Unfortunately this is quite a common occurrence. Was the flight that was cancelled the morning flight or noon flight? Or were both flights for the day cancelled?

S
S
Just the morning flight was cancelled, I had guests come in on the noon flight.

S
S
This happens ALL the time. American will cancel the AM flight if it is not full and put everyone on the PM one. A few weeks ago when returning from SF (taking the red eye to Miami) we got to enjoy a nice 7-8 hour layover because of this.

Even MORE of a pain perhaps is when we have guest leaving here to depart on the first AA flight from Belize, and they take Tropic/Maya to the International only to find out it's cancelled. At least Jet makes a decent bloody mary.

Even if you call from San Pedro to AA Belize to see if your morning flight is going out it doesn't work because if there is nobody near the phone at AA until check-in time.

PS - Jeff - if you get stuck in Miami again, the airport hotel is offering day-rates and it is conveniently located right across from American Airlines ..... coincidence? You be the judge.
:-)

S
S
The exact same thing happened to me last year - the 11a.m. flight was cancelled. My friend who lives in Belize told me this happens all the time with American.

The absolute best way to deal with AA is online. They usually keep the system up to date even when the gate agents haven't been notified (especially at BZE).

Captain One Iron
S
Suncub Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Wow, AA shouldn't be able to "get away" with this. For instance, on our flight from MIA-BZE last Sunday that was cancelled (the last one, at 12:40 p.m.), we could go to an airport hotel. What about the other folks that might not have cash sitting around to pay for that? If they only want to run one flight a day, then AA should advertise it that way. If this happens to us again, I'll be back on the message board trying to find folks for a class action lawsuit!

S
Suncub Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Per your query, our cancelled flight was the latest of the 2 from MIA-BZE, at 12:40 p.m. But yesterday, our friends' flight was cancelled, the earliest of the two, and they were put on the 12:40 p.m.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.