Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#421343 - 11/08/11 10:26 PM ADO Bus from Belize City To Cancun
BrusselSprout Offline
Does anyone know how to book this trip? ADO's site doesn't seem to list it. I certainly don't want to show up at that shady bus stop at night to find that it's not running...plus, they don't have a ticket office.

#421344 - 11/08/11 10:31 PM Re: ADO Bus from Belize City To Cancun [Re: BrusselSprout]
gettinghere Offline
Unless you have a Mexican credit card you must buy your ticket at the ADO bus terminal in U.S. cash. The schedule seems to be only undated for the current month (Nov.)

more info ........ http://www.gettingtobelize.com/ADO.html

Edited by gettinghere (11/08/11 10:33 PM)

#421346 - 11/08/11 10:39 PM Re: ADO Bus from Belize City To Cancun [Re: BrusselSprout]
BrusselSprout Offline
The ADO site where you book tickets says that there is no bus. That there is none for even tomorrow.

You can book Chetumal to Cancun with a US Credit Card but Belize City to Cancun?

Wonder if they have a number in Belize City...I'm guessing no...

#421379 - 11/09/11 03:50 AM Re: ADO Bus from Belize City To Cancun [Re: BrusselSprout]
gettinghere Offline
Try calling the Chetumal terminal 01 98 38 325 110 ext. 2403.

#421468 - 11/09/11 09:27 PM Re: ADO Bus from Belize City To Cancun [Re: gettinghere]
joey2angels Offline
When catching an ADO bus last Septenber from Chetumal to Playa Del Carmen the agent would not except ANY credit cards and no US currency...only pesos. I was coming from three weeks in Corozal (Belize) and didn't have any pesos. It was a problem until I finally convinced one of the Vendors that the US 50.00 dollar bill was not counterfeit.

#421508 - 11/10/11 03:42 AM Re: ADO Bus from Belize City To Cancun [Re: BrusselSprout]
BrusselSprout Offline
But you can book those trips ahead of time on the website with a US credit card. I'm just gonna be MAD if I get to Belize City and the bus is cancelled. Will try to call Chetumal tomorrow.

#421552 - 11/10/11 04:13 PM Re: ADO Bus from Belize City To Cancun [Re: BrusselSprout]
gettinghere Offline
Just updated our travel log, to include our last trip on the ADO bus from Belize City to Cancun.

http://www.gettingtobelize.com/ADO.html

#421553 - 11/10/11 04:20 PM Re: ADO Bus from Belize City To Cancun [Re: BrusselSprout]
BrusselSprout Offline
Thanks! Now that's what I needed! Reading now...

#421565 - 11/10/11 04:57 PM Re: ADO Bus from Belize City To Cancun [Re: gettinghere]
Hon Offline
There are _no_ exit fees when leaving Mexico! Only pay the graft if the officer stamps your FMM form for double entry and gives it back. Technically, that isn't valid either but I've never had a problem using it when re-entering Mexico and it saves the $26 it costs for another FFM.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 42 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,375 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.