Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#421533 - 11/10/11 02:16 PM St. Vincent in Belize for football match
Marty Offline

You will see McCaulay in action again this Friday when Belize goes up against St. Vincent and the Grenadines. The Vincentian Team arrived this morning at the PGIA and headed up for practice at the MCC Grounds. Belize has won three games so far and even though the dreams to qualify for the World Cup have been dashed away, it has to play two more games. News Five’s Delahnie Bain caught up with the visiting team this morning.

Delahnie Bain, Reporting

The Saint Vincent and the Grenadines National Football team touched down at the PGIA this morning. Coach, Corwyn Rawe, says they’re a young team, but they will give Belize some tough competition.

Corwyn Rawe, Coach, St. Vincent & the Grenadines National Team

Corwyn Rawe

“We don’t know too much about Belize I think it should be close. It will be close either way I think. I think whoever does well on the day will win.”

Reporter

“What is the relative strength of your team?”

Corwyn Rawe

“Well, we’re relatively young to be fair and so in the last few matches we’ve gotten stronger. So I think we’re quite good attacking wise but we’ll see. Things change in games and, like I said, we’re very, very young.”

According to Rawe, they have been performing well so far in the World Cup Qualifiers.

Corwyn Rawe

“We’ve done very well in both the games against Grenada; we drew in Grenada but we should have won easily. We beat them at home but Guatemala for some reason we just couldn’t live anywhere near them. They were far better and we have to hold our hands up that they were better than us.”

Delahnie Bain

“You’ve got a couple days before the game, what kind of preparation will you be doing while you’re here in Belize?”

Corwyn Rawe

“Yeah, we’ll be training this afternoon and obviously the day before the game we’re allowed to go to the national stadium and train at the same time as the match so we’ll be doing that. But in general, if we’re not organized now, it’s a waste of time. We’ll just do a few little things but nothing in particular.”

Cornelius Huggins

Cornelius Huggins, Asst. Coach, St. Vincent & the Grenadines National Team

“The last game was against Grenada, we played some friendlies against some local teams in our country. It was okay but I think we could have gotten an international team coming in so that the training could have been a little much more better. But still I’m confident we’re gonna do something on Friday.”

Cornelius Huggins is so confident, he’s already predicting a win for the St. Vincent team.

Cornelius Huggins

“Our team is young; most of the players are under twenty-three. I’m the most senior player and I’m the assistant coach of the team also.”

Jules Vasquez

“Have you all scouted the Belize team, have you all looked at tapes? What’s your experience with the Belize team and what do you hope to exploit?”

Cornelius Huggins

“Well we looked at some clippings on YouTube and we see some places where we can exploit.”

Jules Vasquez

“And if I ask you to make a game prediction, what would that prediction be?”

Cornelius Huggins

“Sure, we gonna win. Yeah, we gonna win.”

Deon McCauley

But team Belize has been hitting the field and training hard, even though it is not moving on to the next round of competitions.

Deon McCauley

“From last week they have called in camp and everybody show up and we deh out yah di train hard and try wi best because we noh win wah home game yet and I think that the players realize that and I hope that come Friday we come out with wah win fi di country itself. I just want seh thanks to Channel Five and thanks to my family as well and just come support the team Friday and I hope I get more goals fi Belize.”

Delahnie Bain for News Five.

Channel 5

#421766 - 11/12/11 02:25 PM Re: St. Vincent in Belize for football match [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline
Belize Draws in World Cup Qualifier

Belize played St. Vincent and the Grenadines this afternoon in Belmopan at the FFB field.
The teams played to a draw, with one goal each. The St. Vincent team scored first in the 13th, minute and the prolific Deon Mcauley scored the equalizer in the fifteenth minute.

Going into the match, Deon Mcauley was tied for the top scorer in the World Cup qualifiers at eight goals. He now moves into the lead with nine goals.

Despite his stellar performance, Belize can no longer qualify to move unto the next round, and the hope now is to maintain our world ranking of 143.

Channel 7

#421773 - 11/12/11 02:32 PM Re: St. Vincent in Belize for football match [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Belize and St. Vincent draw in World Cup Qualifying match

At the F.F.B. Stadium in Belmopan, this afternoon the Belize national team matched up against the visiting team from St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Local fan support has dropped dramatically and in fact today’s game had the smallest crowd in the world cup qualifying series. At the tenth minute of play, Vincentian Cornelius Stewart scored the first goal and ten minutes later, super striker Deon McCauley did not disappoint equalizing the game at one apiece. The lackluster matchup continued into the second half with Belize repeatedly missing numerous opportunities to score. The game subsequently ended with a score of one-one. This Tuesday, team Belize will play the return match in St Vincent; it is also the final game in the world cup qualifying games. Immediately following the newscast, this station will be showing today’s football game so stay tuned.

Channel 5

#422203 - 11/16/11 02:08 PM Re: St. Vincent in Belize for football match [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Belize whips St. Vincent in Football Game

In football news, the Belize national team defeated St Vincent and the Grenadines earlier today. Belize’s global striker Deon McCauley scored the two winning goals. The St Vincent team tried but it could not penetrate goalkeeper Shane Orio. The game ended two to nil. Last week Belize lost to St Vincent here at the FFB stadium in Belmopan but today it made up for that defeat. It’s the last game that the national team played in the World Cup Qualifying Games and as you know by now, despite several wins, Belize won’t make it to Brazil.

As for softball, The Belize Rural High School played their second game today at the Central American and Caribbean Scholar Games held in Panama. On Monday the team defeated Panama but when it went up against Guatemala, the tables turned. Belize lost with a score of four to one at the end of the last inning. The team plays against Panama again on Thursday and if it wins it will automatically put it on the next round of play.

Channel 5

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 91 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.