Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#42181 08/15/01 04:28 PM
J
JMK Offline
J
I just got back from AC on Sunday and we took a Tropic Air flight to the island and the boat back. I am extremely uncomfortable on little planes and though we had a totally uneventful experience with Tropic Air I figured why not take the boat-- since it's an option. I felt much safer and probably was able to enjoy myself much easier my last night in San Pedro knowing that I didn't have to get on that plane. It is a short trip but there's plenty of time to panic once you start. The boat was a different kind of adventure. I mean, this is NOT the Martha's Vineyard Ferry -- NOT EVEN CLOSE! To be completely honest I felt like a refugee escaping or something. But, it was a nice sunny day and it really only takes an hour. They didn't tell us that the boat makes a stop at Caye Caulker before going to Belize City. I guess it's on the way but it takes time for people to get on and off the boat. The boat was really full and several people that got on at Caye Caulker had to sit on luggage in the center of the boat. Since you really don't go beyond the reef, there isn't too much of a chop. No one got seasick! I would say that provided the weather is nice, this is a fine way to go.

#42182 08/15/01 08:56 PM
B
B
Honeymooner,
They have a boat transport company in SP called Thunderbolt - real nice boats, I believe they go to Belize City. You should look into it.
The view from the plane ride is nice, but honestly, the times we went anywhere by boat was so nice and relaxing, we didn't get there fast but cruising by the mangroves, seeing the occasional dolphin jump, the horizon, and the spray of the water is all so nice, and I think maybe a better way to start your trip than boarding a MUGGY, HOT, tiny plane with eight other people. It would be a great way to start your trip.

#42183 08/15/01 10:29 PM
We love the Thunderbolt. Try plane one way and T-Bolt the other.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/thunderbolt/

Planes have a great view, but you see a lot from the boats too. Really ought to try one each way if you aren't going island-to-island by boat any other time...

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 08-15-2001).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.