Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#421571 11/10/11 12:30 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Is the cave tubing trip really worth it? Some videos make it look like it is soooo much fun and then others say it is not that great. I hate to waste any time on my much awaited vacation!!! Any thoughts?

I have gone on the trip twice, I really wouldn't call it earth shattering excitement but i surely wouldn't call it a waste of time either. I think one of the coolest things about the trip is you get to see an other part of Belize not just AC. If you have never been to Belize or have only gone to the islands I would recommend the trip.

We put off the Cave Tubing trip for years; simply because it did not sound that exciting.....OUR MISTAKE! We finally took the trip with a group of friends who insisted. We combined it with the Zip-line and Lunch. It turned out to be an incredible adventure. From the Howler Monkeys to the gorgeous underground caves. I highly recommend this tour as a package. Bring a big memory drive for your camera...Some of the best parts of Belize are on this tour.

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
B
B
Agreed, agreed, agreed. I did the same thing (pushed it off) and went this summer and LOVED IT. Blogged about it if you want to see...

I want to go again!

A
A
I think it was a great experience as well - especially when combined with the mayan ruins, Belize zoo etc.

A
A
About to go on my third Cave Tubing trip on Thursday. I always combine it with another tour, in this case, Xunantunich. It is the refreshing, and just plain fun part of my tour.The last time the water was really low, that makes it more difficult but right now, after rains, it will be so much fun.

C
C
Go! In my opinion it's the best mainland excursion. I'm not sure if it's still an issue but try to go on a day that there are no cruise ships in Belize City. Otherwise you could be sharing the river with 100 others. Also, I think some of the operators don't cater to the ships.

J
J
It is possible then to see the ruins, cave tube and zoo in one day then? We'd like to avoid staying in belize city if possible and just fly back over for a day of sight seeing.

A
A
Try to find a tour operator that takes you over via flight. Then you can fit it in to one day.

A
OP Offline
A
Is there a certain tour operator that you or anyone else would recommend?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.