Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
K
"Gringo priced"? WTH? What's it worth to you at home? Pay it in SP.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
L
L
The young woman asked a reasonable question and received an answer from two people who live on the island. That would be considered a fair price on the island and would be fair to both parties. This seems to be her "home" now, not the U.S. so don't be so hard on her! I assume you do not live in San Pedro, but visit on occasion.

R.B. Mernitz
I also pay $10 an hour. I trust my housekeeper implicitly, and she's worth the fare.
No, you can't have her number, she's busy!
:-)

C
C
Does anyone pay by the day? Or is it always by the hour. Like, I have a gal that cleans my business once a week (not the staff's work areas, they do that, but the front reception area, the bathroom and the hall) and I pay her $50.00. this is in the States. She does houses too and she just bids the whole house, not by the hour.

G
G
I just did this, and it didn't work out well. In the States that's how my house is cleaned and I've had the same people for 15 years.
I hired someone quick cause I had to leave, and she had great credentials. While I was gone she did less and less and left earlier and earlier. When she was told this wasn't the deal, she acted very offended. I gave her the option to work it out but she quit! This was a case of the gringo effect. I also payed her more than $10 an hour. So, just do what everybody says...pay $10 an hour...and be prepared to say one more hour when they want to leave an hour early.

When I had money and a large condo I had a cleaning lady once a week and she did the JOB for $50 BZ. This included windows. Whe was fast and thorough. When the regular chores were done she would do something special; like the refrigerator or a cupboard. I never had to ask and never had to supervise. She could leave when she was finished. She came in the morning after her kids were off to school and left in the afternoon before they got out of school. Usually from about 8:30 until 2:00
I did not mini-manage her and she didn't bother me. Mutual trust and respect is very important.

At one point, when I was out of the country, my daughter gave everyone a raise. By the time I returned they were taking advantage of her.

One of the business owners here used to dole out money like candy and couldn't understand why the staff robbed her blind. I pointed out to her that every time she favored one employee with a 'gift' all the rest always knew about it and would be jealous so they would 'just take' their share.

There sometimes is an attitude here that every gringo is rich so they can be charged a lot then don't understand why they don't get follow up work.

Be fair but don't be a fool.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
A
A
Please feel free to call us for all your housekeeping needs.

Ambergris Cleaning Services
Tel. 610-1277
email - [email protected]

We have many references on island home/business owners

C
C
I pay by the day but stipulate the hours worked. It comes out to 10 an hour. She can always find something to keep busy with. The times in the past where I didn't establish set hours but paid by the job they rush and leave before the job is really finished.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.