Take a look at a map of Central America - the area seems relatively small. But travelling around quickly, cheaply and easily is almost impossible. If you want to fly to other Central American countries from Belize, you really only have two options. You can fly to Flores or Guatemala City, Guatemala (neither very far away) or you can fly to San Salvador, El Salvador on TACA. Neither option is cheap. Look at the price for next week: if you want to fly round-trip from Belize City to San Salvador, it is going to cost $607USD. For a flight that lasts 1 hour, that seems a bit much. I could go to New York for the same amount.

The bus system is not at all what I'd call ideal either. I once looked into a bus ride down to Costa Rica to meet a friend. I mean...look at the map...how long could it really take? THREE DAYS!

Here are places that I am dying to see in this area. Perhaps I'm going to need to have a fundraiser...or maybe sign up to be a "sugar baby". Either way, I'll get to all of these place soon:

• Laguna Bacalar, Mexico
  • San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
  • Antigua, Guatemala
  • Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
  • Little Corn Island, Nicaragua
  • Lake Nicaragua, Granada, Isla de Ometepe and all the islands
  • Learning to surf in Costa Rica or Nicargua
  • The Panama Canal, Panama

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop