Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I SUGGEST WE ALL WALK ACROSS - BAREFOOT OF COURSE - AND WALK RIGHT THROUGH THEIR WET CEMENT. THEN WE CAN TALK ABOUT SCHEDULE!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
B
B
NAKED!!!!!!!!!!

Not a good idea to vandalize the work in progress. Then the bridge might be closed for another week or however long it takes to repair the damage, Scubaldy. Yes, I agree this is poor planning, but that's all it is! All those tourists, stuck across the bridge will not go to town and spend their tourist dollars on the north side with the businesses that are complaining they will get no more tourists from town.

Relax, it is a good cleansing process. Laid back, Belize time and poor planning, that's why you came to Belize in the first place! Perhaps we should block the bridge after this experience, declare independence and ask the United Nations to accept North Ambergris Caye as an independent state in the Western Caribbean. BOTB, when you dare to walk around naked here - I don't care what you are walking on - you will be the first POW to be extradited to the southern part of the island, we'll even give the SPTB money to feed you for a week or so...

Just to give you a little different perspective.

Live and let live
It seems like a F%#* You from the Mayor!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
G
G
Its closed. It isnt. It is. I am in awe of the contractor! being in the construction business myself, we continually bend over backwards to maintain public acess. and it costs big money! The road contractor must have some real pull or the town must have denied him any extra money to phase the bridge/road interface.

In my experience, phasing this final conection would add 2-3 weeks to the process, so maybe it was decided based on time?

In any case, there are options mentioned above, and as long as the local bikes get thru it should work out to be an inconvenience.

Originally Posted by Gridguy

In any case, there are options mentioned above, and as long as the local bikes get thru it should work out to be an inconvenience.

Bikes are getting through as I've seen the usual number of riders commuting to work in front of our (north) beachfront condo this morning.

Has anyone confirmed that the bridge is actually closed to carts this morning? They've been discussing it on the San Pedro Today morning show on ch. 20, and there is a lot of confusion as to whether it is open or closed. No one seems to know for sure.

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Help!
[Linked Image]

Last edited by wade the gringo; 11/22/11 08:56 AM.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
Someone finally called in to San Pedro Daily (Reef Radio) with the official word -- the bridge is closed to vehicular traffic until Sunday. Pedestrians and bicycles are allowed to cross. I couldn't hear what he said about motorbikes/motorcycles as the audio was awful. I have seen one motorcycle up here heading north this morning, but I don't know if it had crossed the bridge to get here.

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
I am at the theater now...Bridge is definately closed.

We got 8 motorcycles across this morning, but we have attitudes!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.