Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: November 28, 2011

General Situation:
Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post!
GMike in Belize City: It's cool and calm at the moment with no rain. Todays forecast is for 81F with thunder storms and 90% chance of rain. The local airport reported at 5AM 77F with 5MPH winds from the East North East.
Belize NMS: High pressures behind cold front maintaining cool and windy weather.
24-hour forecast: Variably cloudy,windy and cool.. Isolated showers or periods of light rain mainly in the south this afternoon will decrease tonight.
Winds: Northwest 20 - 30 knots.
Sea State: Rough. *SMALL CRAFT WARNING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS *
Sea Surface Temp (�F): 84
Outlook: For Tuesday afternoon to midday Wednesday is for mainly fair, windy and cool weather.
Tropical Weather Outlook: Tropical Cyclone formation is not expected in the North Atlantic, Caribbean Sea or the Gulf of Mexico during the next 48 hours.

High Low
Coastal 26° C
79° F
18° C
64° F
Inland 27° C
82° F
16° C
60° F
Hills 22° C
72° F
13° C
56° F
TIDES:
Low - 6:35 AM High - 12:40 PM
Low - 5:50 PM High - 11:59 PM
Sunrise - 6:04 AM Moonrise - 9:18 AM
Sunset - 5:16 PM Moonset - 8:56 PM

[Linked Image]
The North wind blowing from Ambergris Cayes bay side causes extreme low tides on it shoreline facing the reef, regardless of what the tide charts indicate, likewise the rip current at Hol Chan on a day like today will be extreme regardless of what the tide charts might indicate.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
looks like really rough waters today

and tricky, from shore you are in the lee and can't tell how rough until you get out to the reef.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
J
JEL Offline
J
You should see the water on the Westside. Checked my boat at 3:30 this morning and it was fine. Woke up around 6:30 and the boat had sunk, water rose 2 ft and the waves started to crash inside my boat. So the boat is now under water...................

I never saw how it happened but I can only guess that is how it happened........

That's why I loved having a boat lift. It eliminates so many problems. I hope you get your boat up and running soon.

You gotta remember to keep an eye on the weather - this cold front came right on time according to the forecast - and it should last a few more days.

At this time of the year whenever it gets completely still as it was over the past couple of days it is an indication that something is coming...

We saw the water on the lagoon side while riding bikes in town today. Wow! Waves and whitecaps. I had no idea it ever got like that. The ocean side is calm by comparison.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Yesterday the croc pond was crystal clear and flat and still as glass - today it is brown with white cap waves and creating foam on the shore line.

You gotta love and respect Mother nature.

J
JEL Offline
J
I got the boat out of the water. Or should I say closer to land. Need new battery connectors (so far)....

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 288 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.