Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
OP Offline
J
We have been here for a little over a week and have loved every minute! At first I was a little nervous in a few areas have had no problems.

The people are great, the food outsatnding, and the atmosphere is awesome!

Sadly we must go home soon.

Thank you San Pedro!

B
B
That is great to hear. Come back soon.

Jimbob,

When you're in the middle of your vacation, everything is awesome. You feel like it's never going to end. You get about 3/4 of the way through and you realize, "Wait...a...sec...! The real world still exists?" Then you mope your way back to the SP airstrip or water taxi and cry on your way out. Then you start thinking about, planning and booking your next trip. That keeps you going until you get there again.

At least that's the way it is until you can figure out how to move there. We're still working on it but will make it happen eventually.

S
S
That is exactly how it went for us we came and couldn't stay away. One trip a year turned into two. One week each time turned into two. And the last time the reality of the real world was too much and so we made the plunge.

It gets a hold of some people. Not for everyone but once it does it is more like home than anywhere else.
smile
I am sure we will see you soon!

Jimbobiker,

Try not to cry when you have to go home and hurry back!

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

I think you sound like every one that has experienced a "first time" in AC. We were there 10 days our first trip and hated to leave. Before we left we booked our 2nd trip. We are on our way back for our 3rd trip in a few weeks( we are staying 2 weeks this time) and are already trying to figure how we can do a month for our trip after this. Our friends ask why we keep going there and we try to explain but unless you have been it is hard to convey the atmosphere there. My wife said it was the first time she had seen me truly unwind from the real world and just relax. We are hooked.

Thanks for lovely comment fordshouse - it is refreshing to hear people looking forward to their visits - it is obvious that it is not only the place you enjoy but you must also enjoy the people. Welcome and enjoy!

E
E
Jimbo it sounds like you "get it". Some do, some don't. I knew the first time I went that I'd be back and I just keep going. Welcome to the club.

Oh and if you do get a little misty-eyed on the flight home don't worry. You're in good company.

God Bless The Reef!
B
B
The Tropic Air pilots are good at it. I remember when Gerald Leslie gave a friend of mine a hug when she felt so crappy leaving here. You are not alone!

S
S
After living in San Pedro for 6 years, I had to stay away for 10 years for some serious reasons. Returned last Feb. for 2 weeks, extended to 3 weeks. Cried like a baby when leaving. Now returning for 3 months and can't wait!! Going home at last.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.