Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#423990 - 12/03/11 02:51 AM Customs if using Municipal Airport
beachything1 Offline
I've been to AC once and CC once. Both times I've flown on Tropic and Mayan. Since four will travel next time - I was wondering about taking a taxi to the Municipal Airport for cost savings. I've read the pros and cons. My question is - when you get to BZE and get your puddle jumper ticket, you pass thru customs and wait for your flight. What happens if you get off the plane and take a taxi to Municipal - is there a customs there. What to expect when we get there?
Also, does anyone know what Tropic or Mayan's difinition of child is? Thanks in advance.

#423991 - 12/03/11 03:05 AM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
seashell Offline
Actually, you pass through Immigration after you deplane your international flight, then pick up your luggage and pass through Customs. Then, assuming intend to take puddle jumper from the International, you would make a left into the terminal to get your puddle jumper ticket, and recheck your bags with them. Once you've done that, then pass through security to wait for your Tropic/Maya plane to the island. *Or*, should the 4 of you choose to go to Municipal, you'd turn right after Customs, to the outside of the terminal and catch your taxi there.

#423992 - 12/03/11 03:38 AM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: seashell]
beachything1 Offline
Thanks for the info. I normally don't have anything other than carry-ons. Didn't see the need to even walk into the airport - was just thinking of getting off the plane and catching one of the waiting cabs.

#423999 - 12/03/11 04:13 AM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
ScubaLdy Offline
I've never been to any country where I didn't have to go through customs and immigration.
I do encourage you to taxi to Muni and fly from there. Just be sure and have a reservation.

#424001 - 12/03/11 04:20 AM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
PROBUS Offline
I think you'll find it's physically impossible at the International Airport to bypass formalities. And I've never from airside seen any cabs at that airport. You can at the Municipal, but you can't arrive there from abroad.

#424061 - 12/03/11 06:59 PM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: seashell]
beachything1 Offline
I know it is stupid to think that you can't go thru customs. Maybe I had too many drinks at the airport bar and on the plane. I just remember exiting the plane outside then and walking around to the front (outside) - there were a number of taxis - then going directly in and purchasing my ticket - then thru immigration and customs - then to Jets. Maybe I'm remembering wrong - wouldn't be the first time!

#424065 - 12/03/11 07:35 PM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
klcman Offline
proper events, wrong sequence smile

#424115 - 12/04/11 06:02 AM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
Cooper Offline
When you get off the plane before you get your luggage or no luggage you go through one check point. Then if you have no luggage you go through another inspection. Usually very quick, especially if you dont have luggage. Then you walk out on the street, or go to Tropic or Maya Air.
You will not save alot of money going to Municipal, after taxi fees etc and the xtra hours in travel time.
Your post is kind of strange, BZE has dogs that sniff out your bags.........

#424213 - 12/05/11 05:46 AM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: Cooper]
beachything1 Offline
I was trying to get genuine help. I really think I can figure this out on my own, though. I also can do the math and it seems that we can save money - or not bother with saving - going to the municipal strip. Sorry I even bothered...

#424216 - 12/05/11 07:36 AM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
seashell Offline
Um . . . I beg your pardon?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,375 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.