Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#424039 - 12/03/11 02:52 PM A warming lunch on a chilly day
Marty Offline

Our Private Island for the Day in the Belize Barrier Reef

After riding our bikes into town for groceries, and paying our friend Robert a quick visit at Royal Palm Villas, we headed home for lunch.  Before we started making our usual sandwiches, Barry got on his laptop and went into Facebook, where he saw that the Lazy Croc had posted a photo of their special -- Smokehouse Shepherd's Pie.  It looked amazing, and only took us a few seconds to make the executive decision to head over there for lunch.  After all, "the Croc" is dangerously close -- almost within smellin' distance, but not quite (thank the gods!)  They were also having sweet potato pie today, one of my favorites, so off we went.  

The Shepherd's Pie was even better than it looked in the photo.  It was so filling that I had to get the sweet potato pie to go; hopefully I'll have more room after dinner.  It was the perfect warming lunch for an overcast, blustery, cool day on Ambergris Caye.  How cold was it?  We're talking low 70s, people!  
Picture
Smokehouse Shepherd's Pie with mashed potatoes and garlic toast. Comfort food!
Picture
Hey, I deserve this -- I ran almost 4 miles and rode 9.6 miles this morning! :)
Picture
They aren't kidding...see photos following
Picture
One of the Lazy Croc owners' dogs hoping for a handout
Picture
Sammy, aka Cannelo, the stray dog we've been feeding, kind of follows us everywhere.
Picture
A map of the area. We're at Grand Caribe, just a quick walk from Lazy Croc.

Emily & Barry

We're a couple of adventurous expats who decided to retire to Ambergris Caye, Belize from North Carolina.  We built a condo on the beach north of San Pedro and moved in with our Boston Terrier Paisley in August 2011.  We're living or dream of being car-free and rely on our beach bikes to get around. 

This blog chronicles our experiences after moving to Belize. To read about how we discovered Belize and constructed our condo from afar, see the other tabs at the top of the page.

Traveling Twosome

For trip reports and photos from some of our past (non-Belize) adventures, check out our older site here:
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com/

Be Belize

#424048 - 12/03/11 04:00 PM Re: A warming lunch on a chilly day [Re: Marty]
chunkyruth Offline
Great post on a great blog!

#424052 - 12/03/11 05:47 PM Re: A warming lunch on a chilly day [Re: Marty]
krehfish Offline
Great "map". We need more of those.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 29 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,045 Topics
462,253 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.