Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi all!
The 6th Annual Lighted Boat Parade is scheduled for dec 3, 2011. It will go from Wayo's Bar and turn around at Caribbean Villas. (boats lose points if they turn sooner wink ).

This year is very exciting because we are having a Block Party (booths are $150 bzd inc electricity), and several primary schools will do Christmas Carols. The best will receive a pizza party!

SAGA is having a Santa Booth as well as several other fun booths for you to enjoy.

We are also having a TOY DRIVE - so please, if you would, please email your incoming guests and ask them to bring a toy - i can forward you an letter to email them if you'd like. Toys will be donated to Liberty House and other charities.

We also need portable generators for use on the boats for the lights. ANY support is most appeciated!

at the end of the day, we need to work together to create great events for SP. Look what happened with Lobster Fest - let's make the first week of December equally appealing for everyone! smile

[email protected] with questions smile

Press Release - The fun of the Holiday Season starts with the San Pedro Christmas Lighted Boat Parade this weekend, Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 5p.m. The excitement starts with drumming units from: SPHS starting beach side at their school and coming to the park; SPRC school, starting at their play ground and marching to the park; Isla Bonita Elementary will march within the party area in the park.

6p.m. Music starts by DJ Debbie. 

New this year is a caroling contest.  Five elementary schools will be entering no more than two teams of maximum 12 children to sing one to two carols.  Prizes will be awarded to first, second and third place. Contest starts after the boats make their first pass of Central Park.

Start and turnaround sponsors are Wayo's Beach Bar in Boca del Rio and Caribbean Villas Resort south of town. A special thank you to Dixie Bowen for the use of the Bowen Pier for the judges' stand. The secret judges have been selected! 

It's not too late to sponsor a trophy, donate a gift certificate to your establishment or be a "Friend of the Parade" for donations from $50-$249.  Parade sponsorships start at $250 and to ride on the special Sponsor Boat as the lead boat, sponsorships are $500 and up. 

To register a boat or have a booth/game, please call Rebecca & Elito at Seaduced at 226-2254 or 610-1690.  For sponsorships call Jan at 226-2059 or 662-2725.

Boats to date:  Holy Cross, Isla Bonita Elementary, Aids Society, San Pedro Lion's, Blue Tang Inn, Tacklebox - and more to come!!!!!  Captain's meeting Friday, December 2nd, 7pm, beachside at Caliente's and Wahoo's Lounge.

Sponsors as of Monday, November 28, 2011:
BTB - 4 Star Admiral
Capt Sharks
Bowen Companies
Ambergris Today
Atlantic Bank
BC's
Blue Iguana
Blue Tang Inn
Blue Water Grill
Dixie Bowen
Caliente's
Caribbean Treasures
Caribbean Villas Resort
Caye Supply
Estele's Dine by the Sea
Exotic Caye Resort
Fido's
Graniel's Dreamland
Jim Huber
Melody Wolfe
Quicksilver Msg. Svc.
Ramon's Dive Shop
San Pedro Sun
San Pedro Town Council
SeaDuced by Belize
Wayo's Beach Bar
M&M Javier Williams
Wine de Vine
Xanadu
and More to come!!!

Booths for the Block Party:
SAGA - photos with Santa
Isla Bonita Elementary
Pirates Pizza
Wades Gringo Burgers
Pineapples
Lion's Den
Trampoline by Pocho
and more!!!

P
P
So the festivities start at 5pm. What time does the boat parade leave Wayo's on the start of its journey? - at 5pm it won't be dark so I presume it won't be then. I imagine this time has already been decided, so could it be shared please?

Really neat to watch the boat parade on the tacogirl webcam.....take a look!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Lots of fun being in the parade, got off to a slow start as there was some confusion as to who was leading the boats
but then went much smoother.

The quick rain storm was not fun with all the 110 volt lights etc. but we survived.

Did not win any prize but still had a great time.

B
B
SO FUN. Jan Brown and Rebecca Arceo, you guys are my heroes. Jan...such amazing work creating this basically from scratch. I love that I have seen all 6 parades. Makes me feel...almost...Belizean.

I have some pictures on my blog if you wanna check them out.

Photos here: http://www.sanpedroscoop.com/2011/12/sixth-annual-holiday-boat-parade-love.html

Here are the winners of this year's Holiday Lighted Boat Parade:

*First Overall - The San Pedro AIDS Commission, Captain Mario Graniel, Trophy sponsored by KAMA Lounge plus $1,500, $100 gift certificates at Wild Mango's and Crave Restaurant
*Second Overall - Blue Tang Inn, Sirena Azul boat, Trophy sponsored by Quicksilver Messenger Service & Go Phones plus $800, dinnre for two at Estel's and $100 bar tab at BC's
*Mayor's Choice - Lions (Belize Diving Adventures), Captain Ruben, Trophy sponsored by Mayor's Office plus $8000

*First Junior Division - Island Academy (Coastal Express), Captain Ethan, Trophy sponsored by Carvin' Marvin plus $800
*Most Religious - Holy Cross Anglican School, Captain Freddie, Trophy sponsored by Lily's Treasure Chest plus $800
*Most Artistic - Marley Jean, Pirate Theme, Captained by Chris Prevette, Trophy sponsored by Sunbreeze Hotel plus $800
*Consolation Prize - Goliath, Norman Eiley, Gift certificate of $200 at Wild Mango's

Isla Bonita Elementary School and Heavenly Cupcakes were awarded a tie with the best booths.

The parade was awesome! We had a blast at our first ever San Pedro boat parade and Barry got some decent shots. Our blog will be up a little later today.

Emily
http://bebelize.weebly.com

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
B
B
Emily...waiting! COME ON! I want some great pics!

Originally Posted by BrusselSprout
Emily...waiting! COME ON! I want some great pics!

Working on it now! Had to go out for a long bike ride earlier... I just can't keep up with your blistering blogging pace. grin

Unfortunately, Barry wasn't quite close enough for primo photos. I think yours were really good!

Emily

Last edited by BeBelize; 12/04/11 02:43 PM.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.