Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#424218 - 12/05/11 05:51 AM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
Amanda Syme Offline
If you only travel with carry on then you went through the fast track line at customs so you may not have realized as they waved and waived you through.

#424333 - 12/05/11 10:15 PM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
Cooper Offline
Wow,I think we were all trying to help, just added a little humour, if you dont need help dont ask. Sorry for your attitude.

#424334 - 12/05/11 11:19 PM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
ScubaLdy Offline
I always suggest if there are two or more people to taxi to Muni. There are others who really don't like the idea for a variety of reasons. Some people are in a rush to meet friends (or stangers) at one of the many beach bars and don't care how long it takes their luggage to arrive.

Also, I get all the information I need on Belize City and the landscape in the 20 minutes ride.

I hate it when my guests rush over on the first plane, landing arond 4:00 and I have to wait until the last plane arrives, sometimes as late as 6:30 for their luggage to arrive.

When you fly over, FROM MUNI at least on Tropic, your bags are on the same plane as you.

It just all depends on what is important to you.

And - hint hint - don't be super sensitive. As you will hear often "Relax Mon!

Edited by ScubaLdy (12/06/11 03:00 PM)

#424412 - 12/06/11 02:32 PM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
beachything1 Offline
Did get a little testy. Usually more laid back than that. Thanks to all replys. I do think if we can get an early flight, it is best to take the trouble to go to muni - even with the taxi ride, you're talking about $180 US bucks savings - buys alot of Belikins - if we were rich, I'd rather just hop on at the Intl. Then again, if we were rich, we'd live there!

#424445 - 12/06/11 09:38 PM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
Cooper Offline
I seem to spend alot of time being confused, but as of today a RT from International to S.P is $125 RT, RT from municiple is $72 RT. if you add the $30, yes its most often $30 now and xtra for more persons. Then thats $125 RT from international and $102 RT from Municiple adding on the taxi fare...where did the other big money go???

#424446 - 12/06/11 09:47 PM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
Cooper Offline
Thats $25 or $30 each way from BC to International why the $102 amount.

#424769 - 12/09/11 04:42 PM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: Cooper]
beachything1 Offline
Okay - math re-done....72 x 4 = 288 - 125 x 4 = 500 = savings of $212 - $60 both ways on taxi = $152....forgot to add the returning taxi on last post. $152 is still quite a bit - if you have an early flight and are in no danger of having to stay in Belize City over night. Also found out that Tropic considers kids under eleven - our little demon is twelve....
I agree with the person who said that if you have a party more than two, then it is worth it. Thanks all. Wish I was Samantha Stevens - twich, twich!

#424784 - 12/09/11 07:17 PM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
gecko_girl Offline
Whichever airport you choose to fly from, become a Tropic Air VIP via our website or the mobile app and get 10% discount on all flights.

Edited by gecko_girl (12/09/11 07:18 PM)

#428893 - 01/27/12 01:23 PM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
KCB Offline
I wont be so rude lol.....one? We are ariving by cruise ship what should i except at the little airport as to customs. We are flying maya air to san pedro.

#428894 - 01/27/12 01:26 PM Re: Customs if using Municipal Airport [Re: beachything1]
champion Offline
No customs. Just get on and fly!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Daily
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
More News...
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Facebook
SanPedroScoop

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
Belize Adventure
Romantic Travel
Building a New Life
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Snorkel from the beach at Tranquility Bay Resort - Belize Snorkeling - Belize Dive Resort
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Black Orchid Restaurant & Lounge, Our mission is To Provide each and every Guest with a Pleasant Dining Experienceg
Mini Chat

Low Air Fares
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!

Please support first step to natural tourism in Arenal Village, Cayo on Indiegogo campaign
Please support first step to natural tourism in Arenal Village, Cayo on Indiegogo campaign
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Who's Online
3 registered (ron, 2 invisible), 71 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
17097 Members
44 Forums
56039 Topics
438179 Posts

Max Online: 1262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.