Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#42476 07/29/01 04:03 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I've been reading the message boards after spending hours researching for our upcoming trip to Belize. We finally settled on AC (I think!) and are now stuck between Banyon Bay and Ramon's. I've heard wonderful things about Banyon and lots of nice things about Ramon's but some bad things too.
We are travelling in November with two teenage girls who will both be celebrating their 14th birthdays in Belize. My fiance (Sept 2001) and I will be celebrating our honeymoon. We are looking for the best area to enjoy sunbathing but also close to the nightlife. Does anyone know if there are places that cater to teenagers as far as dancing and nightlife?
I appreciate any information....

[This message has been edited by canuckchick (edited 07-30-2001).]

#42477 07/29/01 06:34 PM
Hands down my choice would be Banyan Bay.
Beautiful 2 BR units, nice pool, nice beach area. Great value for you $$ Banyan Bay isn't inexpensive but I think it is good value (especially with a family).

[This message has been edited by Wendy (edited 07-29-2001).]

#42478 07/30/01 10:26 AM
Ditto on Banyan Bay. Given the circumstances there is no question where to go. This is all from first hand experience, also.

#42479 07/30/01 06:03 PM
M
M
I see there is another chick on the board!
We only saw Banyon Bay from the outside and walked through the gardens to see the pool but I have to say it looked very, very nice!

#42480 07/30/01 07:22 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the input everyone. And yeah, I'm another chick (probably too old to call myself that but oh well - I like to have fun)

I really think we'll go with Banyan Bay - just waiting for prices and availability.

Hey, is there really only one kind of beer on AC? If so, is it any good and what about other types of alcohol? Do they have champagne and wine? (This newfie girl needs to know!!)

#42481 07/30/01 08:21 PM
I hate to disagree but if I was 14 again (if only !!) I would prefer Ramon's. It is much closer to town so easier to get around and nearer to the nightlife. But meals there can work out expensive so go for a room only plan.

You can get imported beer in some of the bars but Beliken have 4 varieties so there should be one to meet your tastes. And you can get wines and champagnes in various restaurants (Sweet Basil and Rendezvous have good selections) and in the supermarkets. But as they are nearly all imports (Rendezvous bottle their own) they are pretty expensive for anything decent.

#42482 07/31/01 12:32 AM
I'm not a big fan of the rooms at Ramon's though the grounds, pool and dock are fabulous (it's just the rooms that I think aren't that nice). Regardless, if your two choices are Ramon's or Banyan Bay then you *have* to chose Ramon's. Banyan Bay is *too* far away for the teenagers to enjoy the town or for you to be relaxed about them wandering around. As far as Ramon's goes, they will love the resort grounds, etc.

That said, you might be just as well off at the Sunbreeze, if you are satisfied with just a hotel room.

My real recommendation for the best of everything would be Paradise Villas but the Blue Tang Inn would probably work out pretty well too.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#42483 07/31/01 03:11 PM
C
C
I'll ditto everything seashell said about Ramon's. I just got back from a 10-day stay there. The rooms are small, but the grounds are outstanding. You are right in the middle of the action, and your daughters will love it! You can snorkle and swim right off the pier, and the pool is awesome! The servers there are very friendly! You can't go wrong with either, but in my humble opinion, your daughters will prefer Ramon's. Get beachfront rooms if you can. If you have any specific questions, you can email me at [email protected]. Regardless of where you decide to stay, you and your family are in for the time of your lives!

Craig

#42484 08/01/01 04:39 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanx for all the great info.
I just called got an e-mail from Ramon's and they have no 2 bedroom left for that time. BB has availability so it looks like that's it for us.
We'd be in town along with the girls and not too far from them at any given time. Does anyone know if they have clubs or hangouts for teens in town?

#42485 08/01/01 11:49 PM
Some distance from "town" is good! Having been to San Pedro with teenagers I would prefer having to "go to town"....
You will be very happy at Banyan Bay.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.