Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Kim3250 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hello
Visiting for the first time in late jan, staying at sueno. So ive read we need to bring our own extra food/drinks/supplies? Also wanted to scuba. Do i need certification done before hand in the states? How much is the cost to do scuba there? Omg so many more questions but will start with these. Any and all info will be very very much appreciated. Thanks so much! Also how helpful are the travel books like frommers for this area or am i better off getting reference from this site?

D
D
Kim, I need to qualify first I am not on the island currently will be going Jan-Feb so take this for what it's worth. We used Elbert Greer at http//subalessonsbelize.com and arranged ahead to do the written stuff online before we left for Belize but through him and then did the pool and out to the reef on our arrival. It was that or 55 degree water off CA at catalina, it was a wise choice. It was about 4 years ago but he and his staff were great and I think he is up on the North side of the island still not as far North as you're staying though. I don't recall the cost but a guess would be 200-250 US. I think your concern will be transportation to and from town for supplies but someone else should have info on that. The scuba class will pick you up at your resort. Have fun and be prepared to come back often.

D
D
Does anyone know if the "As you wish boat is still operating out of Belize Yacht Club? If not I'm looking for a charter for about 6 people out to the reef for snorkeling. Family first timers will be coming with us January so need to get them out there for a day, lunch at Caye Caulker etc..

D
D
Sorry never mind found it on the second google search.

Kim Sueno is just a little too far for us to pick up and the last time this came up Tranquillity Bay accommodated the student diver and it worked out just fine.
http://www.tranquilitybayresort.com/
they are very close.

Last edited by elbert; 12/11/11 10:46 AM.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.