Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Ok, I'm getting down to the wire (a month to go), and I need to make sure I've thought of everything. I have to start planning our reception in Austin, so I want to put all the wedding stuff aside. Here are the things I've lined up. Can you tell me if there is anything you can think of that I've forgotten? (OH - Nicki, before I forget, your rings you bought in San Pedro - were there lots of sizes available? I wear a 4.5, and Joe wears a 7.5, and I'm afraid we won't be able to find our sizes if we buy our rings there....)

Invites done

Letter to guests telling them about the island, transportation, what to bring is done

Iraida has reserved Kay, the guitarists, the minister, the florist

Dinner after ceremony is done

Dress is being altered

Bought flip-flops at Target (good idea, Nicki) and Mom is putting ribbon and silk flowers on them

Favors for guests are being completed

Request was made for Tropic Air flight reservations

I think that's it. Is there anything I'm missing? We aren't having a band after all. Not enough people will dance or anything. So I think we are hoping the hotel will have a jam box or stereo on which we can play CD's we bring from home.

I am so afraid I'm going to get there are realize I forgot something major.

Thanks for the input!
Jennifer

T
T
Yes!! You forgot the wedding video!!! You will definitly need a videocamera reccording your big event!!

Why don't you send an e-mail to Belize Under Water Video??

We do weddings above as well as below the watersurface..

Give me a shout at [email protected]

Tinka

T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
My brother is a very good videographer, so he's taking care of the video. Thanks for the info!

T
T
You are forgetting to order lots of Belikin for the party and the bucket to throw for the single women that are invited. Will you do the cermony at the church or at the hotel if so rember that you need to put some decorations, your hotel can do that if it is there, but if it will be at the church you need to come before time so that everything is ready. Email your hotel and tell them to call tropic air and just reconfirm the resevartions. Also don't forget to ask them if they have a little stereo or you can contact one of the local dj's to come and play for you.

Regards
Theresa

Theresa
T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks for the reminders! I'll take your advice. We are getting married at a hotel (the SunDiver). I don't think we'll need much decoration. The ocean and beautiful scenery will do the trick!

S
S
Turnbun-

What about the bottles of champagne? Are you planning on bringing any?

That is pretty much the only thing that I can think of right now. Hope this helps!

T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Haven't gotten the champagne yet, but am planning on it. Thanks for the reminder. I need to put that on my ever-growing "list of things to get."

B
B
Turnbun - Check with teh resort and see what kind of champagne they have. If they don't have any you like, you can get some in duty free before you leave. Beware - it's expensive in duty free.
Other than that, it sounds like you have your bases covered. And believe me, Iraida will take care of everything. When you get there and meet with her, she knows what needs to be done, and offers suggestions for extras. Believe me, she's great at what she does. Now you can start getting nervous about the reception! LOL...

Y
Y
Well i am not much help! I am very far behind in the planning process but I watch all your posts and Love the Ideas! Have a great time! I can't wait to get the after trip report.

N
N
It sounds like you have your bases covered. I can't think of anything you forgot and if I do I will let you know. Ditto, on bringing your own champagne. All the bottles I had requested from the hotel were gone by the time we finished taking pictures and I didn't even get a glass. It was very expensive at the hotel. Iraida said that she wished she had reminded me to bring my own.

As for the rings, there aren't many ring size choices. I think that Elizabeth can make rings in any size if you tell her soon enough.

My one piece of advice to you is to make a checklist of pictures that you definitely want. Once you get to the actual day you aren't thinking about things like that and there are many pictures that we missed. Such as mother and daughter together and a few pictures of me by myself. Share your list with Kay and this will make everything much easier.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.