Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#424993 12/12/11 07:34 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

A Sunday Morning Walk on the Mosquito Coast

Just past Victoria House as you walk south is the two mile sign post that basically marks the beginning of the Mosquito Coast. I love this area of Ambergris Caye. Mostly private houses, some resorts. This stretch, in my estimation, would an ideal place to live...

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop

Bike ride south and Sunday brunch

This Sunday morning we decided to do something different and ride down south of San Pedro rather than our usual route up north. The road south of Victoria House is much improved since the last time we rode down there and appeared to have been recently graded. Traffic was almost non-existent, and the mostly smooth sand made for some great riding, especially after the jarring cobblestone roads in town. There was still the occasional puddle, but many fewer than our last attempt at this ride.

We made it down to mile 5.5 south of town, which appeared to be about as far as you can go, though we might be wrong about that. Barry had already ridden 13 miles in a north loop before picking me up to join him, so we figured this was far enough. We were getting pretty hungry by this time anyway, and we planned to have brunch in town, so it was time to head back that way.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on BeBelize

Thanks for the post and photos, Marty! Not too much is said about the south end, it looks like a beautiful part of the island. We're headed down in six weeks for our first time on AC to stay at Pelican Reef. The palm tree dragons are very cool.

It's such a shame Ras Safari bar has closed down! He did the best Jerk Chicken! There's been many a hungry/thirsty tourist passing by me when I lived at the 4 1/2 mile! Beautiful place down south - loved it :-)

Jigzmom....You are in for a lovely treat....Pelican Reef Villas is a lovely property with helpful staff and beautiful accomodations.....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Heheh, I swear that we didn't plan with Rebecca to both go down south yesterday ("Psssst, you take the beach, and we'll take the road"). Sometimes things just work out. grin

I didn't know about the palm tree dragons so really enjoyed her photos of them!

Emily
http://bebelize.weebly.com

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
B
B
Dang, BeBelize! I missed our scheduled trip to Super Buy yesterday. I should have done south while you were at the one in town. We need to get better at this!

Oh shoot, we did miss a fine opportunity, didn't we?? grin

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Love this blog!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.