Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
For the second year running, a Christmas Parade is being held, and is set to take place this evening, Saturday, December 17 starting at 5 pm.

According to Love FM's San Pedro Bureau Chief Janelle Villanueva- Castillo, the parade will start from near Bowen and Bowen Ltd on Coconut Drive and continue down the main street - Coconut Drive. The Parade will then turn left on Tarpon Street, right on Almond St. continuing through the football field onto Angel Coral St. The parade will turn right on Caribena St and then make a left onto Pescador Drive at which point it will continue straight up to the roundabout and continue on Lagoon St. turning right unto Dolphin Street, then right unto Boca Del Rio Dr. returning on Sand Piper St. to the roundabout. The Parade will then take the main road all the way down to the end of Pescador Drive turning left on Tarpon Street and left onto Barrier Reef drive ending at the park.

This Saturday's Christmas Parade will coincide with the visit of the "Love Sleigh" to San Pedro to spread the Christmas cheer with the needy.

Patrick E. Jones

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
And then it started POURING rain for the 2nd annual LoveFM Christmas parade.  The kids were troopers.  Poor Santa, his suit must have been HEAVY soaked with all that rain.  He was still dancing away.
There are lots of great decorations in town.
I apologize for my photos.  I am not good at night time photography but add in rain and moving kids...I've got no chance.  Particularly when I haven't read the manual for my new Canon SX230 yet.
The little manger scenes were buckling under all the rain.
This little float contained a teen Santa dancing to the song "I'm Sexy and I Know It".  Classic.
The parade ended, we had a few drinks at Croc's Bar (the perfect place to wait for a parade) and then headed over for a quick stop at Roadkill Bar.  They were celebrating their 3rd Anniversary with live music, cake and hot dogs.  They had a pretty nice little crowd despite the inclimate weather.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop

I love the fact that a bit of rain (ok, it sounded like it was alot) didn't spoil the fun!!

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.