Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#425759 - 12/20/11 06:37 PM Things for kids to do and not to do!!
terriegym Offline
Hi i've been lurking around, reading the forum for a little while now. we are hoping to visit in July next year with 3 & 5yr old boys,

i am wondering what there is to do in the evenings with the kids?
anything there is around that is a must for them to do?
also is there any areas of water they must stay away from?
anything like that really

Thanks in advance
Terrie

#425764 - 12/20/11 08:19 PM Re: Things for kids to do and not to do!! [Re: terriegym]
PSSunshinegal Offline
Depending on where you are staying, this might not be an optin, but my now 4 and 6 year old grandsons have to go to Rojo Lounge at Azul for the hermit crab migration. The food is excellent there as well, so it was no sacrifice. Their lobster pizza is excellent. Depending on when you come in July, you might be timing it right. There is also the zoo on the mainland. Mainly my grandsons just want to swim and explore. This summer will be their third trip and they keep telling their mom that they are moving to Belize. We stay north so I can't tell you what there is to do in town for the younger kids. At night you will find me with my head gear (flashlight) walking the beach and the docks looking for all the interesting "live" nightlife for hours.

Janice

#425766 - 12/20/11 09:29 PM Re: Things for kids to do and not to do!! [Re: PSSunshinegal]
terriegym Offline
if all goes to plan we should be there for the whole month. Oh my Zak would love that, he is fanatical about anything marine (sure he got it from me snorkling at 8 months pregnant) hes always going through my Jacques Cousteau books. Laszlo (the 3 yr old) is much more into reptiles and creepy crawlies, but he did enjoy rock pooling last summer. sounds like so much fun to do that in the dark.
Ive read about crocodiles on the island, are they a problem???

#425768 - 12/20/11 10:21 PM Re: Things for kids to do and not to do!! [Re: terriegym]
PSSunshinegal Offline
I don't go where the crocs are and knock on wood, have not seen any in our area. My guys will be down for the month of August. Finding playmates hasn't been too difficult in the past and then you have someone to tell you what is happening. Where are you staying?

#425770 - 12/20/11 11:59 PM Re: Things for kids to do and not to do!! [Re: PSSunshinegal]
terriegym Offline
nothings set yet but would be in san pedro town i think. can the kids go into restaurants at night?

#425828 - 12/21/11 04:31 PM Re: Things for kids to do and not to do!! [Re: terriegym]
lovey and thurston Offline
Yes, they can go in the resturants in the evening. Be sure to make evening stops at Manelly's ice cream. This has been a ritual with our grandkids, and the oldest is 22yrs. and I am sure he will be in for his coconut ice cream fix again this visit.

#425831 - 12/21/11 04:40 PM Re: Things for kids to do and not to do!! [Re: terriegym]
Judyann H. Offline
If your angles are anything like my children (when they were little) or my grandchildren now. We have taken them on first class trips around the world to the most exotic and exciting places for all ages........And all they ever want to do is swim in the pool......I'm sure your whole family will enjoy their stay in Belize it is a magical place....However, I do recommend a pool.

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com

#425847 - 12/21/11 06:59 PM Re: Things for kids to do and not to do!! [Re: Judyann H.]
PSSunshinegal Offline
Pool Pool Pool. This is so true. Also first trip I hauled down way too many sand toys. Well as a good granny I wanted to be prepared. Now I am so happy to report that many places have fabulous sand toys very reasonably priced. So much more is available in San Pedro.

#425849 - 12/21/11 07:05 PM Re: Things for kids to do and not to do!! [Re: terriegym]
champion Offline
There is always the alternative (toys not needed), Let their imagination run wild! That is very simple on Ambergris.

#425850 - 12/21/11 07:13 PM Re: Things for kids to do and not to do!! [Re: PSSunshinegal]
PJBELIZE Offline
Pools are nice ,but at night there isn't much for kids or teens to do in San Pedro . An arcade with skeeball and pool tables and arcade games with supervision would be great for an area for kids to be able to gather without there parents,just ask any kids how have stayed here for a number of days!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (FoFoFo), 27 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,051 Topics
462,279 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.