Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42614 07/31/01 04:48 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I was wondering if any of you could tell me approx. how much it costs to rent snokeling equipment for a week. Should I consider bringing my own?

#42615 07/31/01 05:25 PM
F
F
This is just one man's opinion, but I think that anyone who swims in the ocean, much at all, should consider getting their own mask, fins and snorkel. Rental equipment, anywhere, can be kinda lame. In the long run, for most folks, it's gonna be cheaper to buy, too. And too, that way, your stuff is always ready for you when you want to go swimming, no worries about getting anything back to the shop.

Fins for snorkeling should have medium size or even small size blades. I like ones with seperate booties for snorkeling especially as you can pull off the blades and still have shoes on, which is a real good thing as there is stuff that will sting you or cut your foot, especially if you put your weight on something. Urchins come to mind right off.

I have one set of fins for scuba with large blades and one set with much smaller blades for snorkeling, and I find it much to my advantage.

Course, what works for folks is what works. I don't think there is any one right way.

#42616 07/31/01 11:56 PM
I totally agree. I am not a big water fan but have my own mask, snorkel and fins which I know suit me. The fins mainly because I have such small feet, but the rest because it doesn't take up much space and I can trust it.

#42617 08/01/01 08:49 AM
It is not fun to snorkel with a leaky mask that doesn't fit correctly, that is why I like to have my own mask. The snorkel goes in my mouth, that is why I like to have my own snorkel. Fins I rent from Amigos Del Mar Dive Shop http://www.AmigosDive.com/ . We used to bring our own fins, but they are bulky and heavy for carry-on bags, so now we rent them. Amigos usually gives us a weekly rate.
Belize it!

#42618 08/01/01 03:10 PM
B
B
I agree. Get your own snorkel and mask. I do not want to put something in my mouth that who knows where its been. Also, a good mask can make all the difference in enjoyment of your snorkeling experience. Do not be cheep. Spend a few dollars, $60-$80, you'll have equipment for many years, and you will not regret it. Rent the fins wherever you are staying. They are bulky to pack. Do bring aqua socks to where on your feet while snorkeling or walking on the beach.

#42619 08/03/01 12:05 PM
i agree with bring your own snorkle and mask. they can be rented, but to me they are like ski or snowboard boots. i like em to fit perfect.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.