Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#42661 08/02/01 10:38 PM
You'll look dressed up in a shorts and a T-shirt! Nah, I'm just kidding. That's the attire for sure.

I've really got to laugh. You live in NY, walk around there all the time and you are worried about SP.

You'll laugh with me when you get back. [Linked Image]

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#42662 08/02/01 10:41 PM
Oh, yeah, forget about the jacket. Leave it at home.

If you really think you want something for the rain, then take one of those little plastic things that foldup smaller than your wallet and stick it in your pocket or whatever.

There is a very slight chance that you will want a *very* light sweater or a light over-shirt in the evening if you are down by the water. Trust me. If you were going in December, I might give you different advice but you are going now.

Can't wait to hear all about it.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#42663 08/03/01 01:44 PM
Isn't it strange how we worry about safety in other countries. I live in the San Francisco area (east bay) and just yesterday I heard on the radio that Oakland just recorded the 51st homicide of the year. Does that stop me from going to Oakland? NO! However, just as everyplace in the world I only go where/when it is reasonable and I do pay attention to my surroundings.
It is wise of you to ask, but believe what the majority of people say, and relax.
Just like lots of people think that Scuba diving is dangerous. I tell them I am more apt to get hit by a car crossing the street in front of the hospital than getting hurt diving. Everything is relative.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#42664 08/03/01 02:21 PM
Bryce - I think no-see-ums are also called chiggers. ??

#42665 08/03/01 03:21 PM
F
F
Scubalady,

How true, how true. Been a firefighter/paramedic for 20 years and I have no reservations about saying that the most dangerous thing I did during that period was drive my car to work.

One thing hurts people in the US more then any other. It's not hate crimes, or drugs, or a few crazies that want to break away from the US, or any of the other things that the authorities and the media seems so intent on identifing as falling sky. It's cars, man. Cars hurt people, as much as every other cause put together and then some, and then some more. At least that is what I have seen with my own eyes.

Bout a year ago I responded to a call where three generations of a family were wiped out in a wreck on the interstate. One minute they were all alive and enjoying a family outing. The next moment we were picking up the body parts and trying to decided what went where. One of the saddest things I ever saw.

As you might be able to tell, this is a great source of frustration for me. I mean, I see what hurts folks, real up close and personal. I consider it a disservice to have our leaders crying wolf over this and that and not much at all seems to get done about our transport system.

So ..... perhaps the safest thing about AC is there are no cars. Man I like that. It's one of the major draws to me. A life where I never have to look at the results of another catastrophic car wreck would be mighty close to heaven to me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.