Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#426573 01/02/12 05:26 PM
T
Tom Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Have been trying to make reservations for our trip in February with TACA. After having difficulty doing this I contacted TACA and was informed that as of February 1ST TACA will no long be flying into Belize. We are very dissapointed that we no longer have this option in airlines. Continental Airlines and the others that service Belize out of Houston have raised their rates considerably and making it very hard to get to our La Isla Bonita.
Are others also sorry to see this option taken away?

SAD TO HEAR THIS .NEVER FLEW TACA BUT ANY AIRLINE COMMING HERE
IS GOOD I GUESS THEY COULD NOT MAKE ANY MONEY
MAYBE TO MANY FEE'S???

Last edited by captjeff; 01/02/12 10:13 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Hmm that really six since I have tickets to fly with them in March.

that is not good news at all.

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
D
D
Originally Posted by Tom
Have been trying to make reservations for our trip in February with TACA. After having difficulty doing this I contacted TACA and was informed that as of February 1ST TACA will no long be flying into Belize. We are very dissapointed that we no longer have this option in airlines. Continental Airlines and the others that service Belize out of Houston have raised their rates considerably and making it very hard to get to our La Isla Bonita.
Are others also sorry to see this option taken away?

That is definitely not true. They are not giving up the BZE slot.
Perhaps they agent ment from your origination point. Houston?

Now they do use, and have used Avianca and Lacsa as business partners, so you might be flying their planes on some portion of the flight.

But they will continue to fly to BZE. Try other connections.

DC

I
I
TACA flights from the west coast to Belize are great. Sure hope they don't stop.

T
Tom Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Taca told me that they will no longer have a direct flight to Belize City. You have to lay over in San Salvador.
Continental is the only airline that I can find with a direct flight to Belice City Non-stop. All other choices have you stopping with a lay over somewhere. Try Expedia.com to see the choices we are left with.

D
D
You mean from Houston, right?

DC

T
T
For long, many years, Mexicana was our favorite, most comfortable connection from Texas through MEX to CTM. A pity; looks like one of the oldest carriers in the Americas won't be coming back.

TACA can be very good nowadays despite the reputation it had years ago. You hear different explanations about their on/off "alliances". If the Salvadoran family that controlled TACA now controls Avianca isn't clear to everyone.

Some suspect that there may be subtle changes in route structure meant to influence the possibility of investment in regional carriers. This has proven effective in much of Central America where TACA has come to dominate many markets.

I believe reports that TACA indirectly influenced the failure of Atlantic Airlines which recently served Belize.

I don't think they'll go after Tropic, but Maya is the sort of carrier that could bring Belize into the TACA REGIONAL consortium, and it's a plausible scenario.

Anyway, if TACA is going your way, they're probably going to provide the most comfortable service. They don't have much frequency, but it is also probable they will put you up and on their next flight.

E
E
HUH ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.