Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
OP Offline
L
Thinking of leaving the U.S. Looking for place where a family can be safe, free, and unmolested by intrusive government. Is Belize a good place to look? Safety and cost? Have 30' cruiser would like to bring and use for dive charters. Around 300,000.00 to 400,000.00 in assets here in the U.S. Would want to be close to water and have 16 year old that needs to finish school in the area. Please advise,
Marvin Lee Hudgins

SMDH

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

NO

S
S
Its wrong to move a teen who is in the final years of high school! blush

E
E
Not true, Jesse. I moved mine from the couch, garage , den floor, front yard, to their bed rooms. Works wonders.

Nah, some kids have no problems moving schools. We get new kids at SPHS that are in their final years and they love it here.

The boat charter thing would take some setting up, but not impossible. But our government can be intrusive and just as infuriating as other ones.

Belize and surrounding countries have some serious crime issues. Belize is not an inexpensive place to live. And cost would depend a lot on your lifestyle.

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks for the input guys. I think Joshua would do well with school. He loves to dive and that's one of the reasons that I was looking at Belize. Actually the boat and business would shortly be for him. Had some friends move down there years ago and seemed to love it. Lost track of them some years back, but assume they are still there. At the time they had indicated that it was a very cheap place to live. Guess everything changes over time. If any of you know David and Linda Shumate please pass along my email address to them.
[email protected]
Thanks,
Lee Hudgins

L
OP Offline
L
What is SMDH?

Originally Posted by Lee Hudgins
What is SMDH?

Shaking my darn head.

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.