Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#426827 - 01/05/12 08:37 PM Restaurants
jandseakin Offline
We will be staying at White Sands Cove Resort, north of the river. Are there any restaurants nearby? Will the water taxi stop there if we need a ride to dinner? Is there a map of Ambergris Caye restaurants available online? Thank you.

#426831 - 01/05/12 09:12 PM Re: Restaurants [Re: jandseakin]
champion Offline
click on the picture of the day, then scroll down and along the left side in the orange box's you will see restaurants box

Edited by champion (01/05/12 09:13 PM)

#426837 - 01/05/12 11:14 PM Re: Restaurants [Re: jandseakin]
2MILESNORTHOFCUT Offline
jandseakin, Just a short stroll on the beach (south 1 minute) you will find Restaurant AJI'S. open for Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner and drinks all day.

I recomend you try it, Victoria is a great host the staff are wonderful and the Hugo is an awsome Chef.

Ask @ White Sands office and they will guide you there

#426842 - 01/06/12 12:13 AM Re: Restaurants [Re: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT]
jandseakin Offline
Oh! Just what I was hoping to discover. Thank you. smile

#426843 - 01/06/12 12:26 AM Re: Restaurants [Re: jandseakin]
BeBelize Offline
Aji also has happy hour from 1-4 pm daily! Capricorn is also within walking distance to you, just a short walk north (Aji is south of White Sands). You'll find other places farther north if you continue walking (or, if you have a cart, driving, but I recommend walking or biking!) Too bad the Lazy Croc BBQ just closed; that was a hugely popular place and an easy walk from where you'll be.

Emily

#426847 - 01/06/12 01:20 AM Re: Restaurants [Re: BeBelize]
jandseakin Offline
Very good to know! Thank you so much. I was sorry to hear about the Croc... I had been reading about it also.

#426903 - 01/06/12 03:10 PM Re: Restaurants [Re: jandseakin]
jigzmom Offline
I checked the map but only a few restaurants are identified. Are there lunch & dinner places within walking distance (1 mile or less each way) from Pelican Reef Villas?

#426912 - 01/06/12 03:41 PM Re: Restaurants [Re: jigzmom]
Bear Offline
Jigz

The Lone Star Cantina (aka Mr Joe's) is the only restaurant that meets your criteria. It's a fairly simple decent place to eat. Friendly owners, (who also own Pelican Reef) are their nearly every night along with local residents looking for a break from meal prep. Eventually there will be another restaurant, (Black Orchid?) but its a bit down the road construction wise and operationally.

In town, for upper end dining, I like Blue Water and Wild Mangoes for consistently good, interesting menu/fare and service. Also a hugely underrated and mentioned restaurant is Red Ginger. I dont care for Caliente,(I believe operated by the same group that runs Red Ginger and Bluewater but I could be worng). I found their service pleasant and good but the food was very so so for the price. Many folks like Elvi's Kitchen, I personally dont (but I'll give it another couple of tries), but that should not stop you from trying it if you're interested in their menu.

Some morning you will have to stop at Ms Sarah's (on the way into town) and try breakfast. She and her husband are the owner/operators of Caye Coffee, We love Sarah and her staff and never miss the opportunity to have at least a few breakfasts with her when we're down.

Lily's, Rojo, El Fogon,...the list goes on and on...There are a TON of small, inexpensive, hole in the wall owner operator restaurants like Secret Garden, all through town that we love to try. Some times are better than others, but its the joy of trying new places that often carries the day. You'll just have to explore for yourself. I will also add that I have never ever had an issue with the street vendors' food; if it looks good I'm all over it...

#426935 - 01/06/12 05:26 PM Re: Restaurants [Re: jandseakin]
Judyann H. Offline
Bear; thanks for the plug.....Jigzmom, you will also find that Pelican Reef Villas has a very pleasant poolside menu...I really enjoy their Jalapeño Fried Chicken...Particularly after a day on a beach lounge chair with my Kindle. You can also order delivery....We really enjoy Pepperonis' delivered pizza....We get a couple of large pies and keep them warm in the oven so the family eats at them when they choose....

Of course we don't miss too many meals and often walk over to the Lone Star for drinks and 4th meal or maybe 5th meal by then.......mmmmmm really enjoy vacation eating....

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com

#427061 - 01/07/12 04:45 PM Re: Restaurants [Re: Judyann H.]
Bear Offline
Originally Posted By: Judyann H.
Bear; thanks for the plug...

wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (SFJeff), 48 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.