Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#426827 01/05/12 02:37 PM
J
OP Offline
J
We will be staying at White Sands Cove Resort, north of the river. Are there any restaurants nearby? Will the water taxi stop there if we need a ride to dinner? Is there a map of Ambergris Caye restaurants available online? Thank you.

jandseakin #426831 01/05/12 03:12 PM
click on the picture of the day, then scroll down and along the left side in the orange box's you will see restaurants box

Last edited by champion; 01/05/12 03:13 PM.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
jandseakin #426837 01/05/12 05:14 PM
jandseakin, Just a short stroll on the beach (south 1 minute) you will find Restaurant AJI'S. open for Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner and drinks all day.

I recomend you try it, Victoria is a great host the staff are wonderful and the Hugo is an awsome Chef.

Ask @ White Sands office and they will guide you there

J
OP Offline
J
Oh! Just what I was hoping to discover. Thank you. smile

jandseakin #426843 01/05/12 06:26 PM
Aji also has happy hour from 1-4 pm daily! Capricorn is also within walking distance to you, just a short walk north (Aji is south of White Sands). You'll find other places farther north if you continue walking (or, if you have a cart, driving, but I recommend walking or biking!) Too bad the Lazy Croc BBQ just closed; that was a hugely popular place and an easy walk from where you'll be.

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
BeBelize #426847 01/05/12 07:20 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Very good to know! Thank you so much. I was sorry to hear about the Croc... I had been reading about it also.

jandseakin #426903 01/06/12 09:10 AM
I checked the map but only a few restaurants are identified. Are there lunch & dinner places within walking distance (1 mile or less each way) from Pelican Reef Villas?

jigzmom #426912 01/06/12 09:41 AM
Jigz

The Lone Star Cantina (aka Mr Joe's) is the only restaurant that meets your criteria. It's a fairly simple decent place to eat. Friendly owners, (who also own Pelican Reef) are their nearly every night along with local residents looking for a break from meal prep. Eventually there will be another restaurant, (Black Orchid?) but its a bit down the road construction wise and operationally.

In town, for upper end dining, I like Blue Water and Wild Mangoes for consistently good, interesting menu/fare and service. Also a hugely underrated and mentioned restaurant is Red Ginger. I dont care for Caliente,(I believe operated by the same group that runs Red Ginger and Bluewater but I could be worng). I found their service pleasant and good but the food was very so so for the price. Many folks like Elvi's Kitchen, I personally dont (but I'll give it another couple of tries), but that should not stop you from trying it if you're interested in their menu.

Some morning you will have to stop at Ms Sarah's (on the way into town) and try breakfast. She and her husband are the owner/operators of Caye Coffee, We love Sarah and her staff and never miss the opportunity to have at least a few breakfasts with her when we're down.

Lily's, Rojo, El Fogon,...the list goes on and on...There are a TON of small, inexpensive, hole in the wall owner operator restaurants like Secret Garden, all through town that we love to try. Some times are better than others, but its the joy of trying new places that often carries the day. You'll just have to explore for yourself. I will also add that I have never ever had an issue with the street vendors' food; if it looks good I'm all over it...

jandseakin #426935 01/06/12 11:26 AM
Bear; thanks for the plug.....Jigzmom, you will also find that Pelican Reef Villas has a very pleasant poolside menu...I really enjoy their Jalape�o Fried Chicken...Particularly after a day on a beach lounge chair with my Kindle. You can also order delivery....We really enjoy Pepperonis' delivered pizza....We get a couple of large pies and keep them warm in the oven so the family eats at them when they choose....

Of course we don't miss too many meals and often walk over to the Lone Star for drinks and 4th meal or maybe 5th meal by then.......mmmmmm really enjoy vacation eating....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Judyann H. #427061 01/07/12 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Judyann H.
Bear; thanks for the plug...

wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.