Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#427267 01/09/12 09:47 PM
OP Offline
Has anyone stayed at or know anything about Almond Beach Belize, in Hopkins? They keep offering a deal on LivingSocial.com and friends are asking about it. Thanks

http://www.almondbeachbelize.com/

I last stayed there a couple of years ago. At that time it was "associated" with Jaguar Reef next door (and also the smaller Parrot Cove) -- they were essentially under the same management and shared facilities. Now that arrangement has fallen apart and I think Almond Beach is back as a stand-alone operation.

Almond Beach was fine, though not up to the resorts standards of Hamanasi, and the units weren't as deluxe as Belizean Dreams. But the beach is pretty nice, and Hopkins is a great little village, so if the LivingSocial deals are good I would think it would be worth considering.

--Lan Sluder

OP Offline
Thanks Lan. I'll pass on the info.

I'll be visiting a friend in Hopkins next week sometime. Will try and get by and look at the Almond and maybe get some pics. Will let ya know...

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

I stayed there in August and it was "OK." I have sent many clients there over the years and never had problems with it till recently when I had to move someone out after their first night. It has fallen into a bit of dis-repair. Not sure if it is because the deal with Jaguar Reef fell thru, or what.
There is usually a reason why they are offering deals on Living Social (which I saw the other day but can't find now). I guess if you don't have super high expectations, it would be fine. The place has a ton of potential, and used to be awesome. Hopefully it gets back to that soon!

OP Offline
Thanks so much everyone.

My old hen is dragging me to Hopkins in a few. I'll try & get some pics and info on this lodgeing place.

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

Dang, i was suprised at what I saw there today. Will post my thoughts and pics later tonight or in that marnin...

Tim Walkabout

North Central Riversdale
Stann Creek District
Belize. Central America

(just a lill past the pig farm then turn at Lost Reef Resort and go south just beyond the broken BTL pay phone)

http://belizewalkabout.blogspot.com/

610-4768

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

Well< I have been remiss. But now I have new pics posted on my site. I have not put in much narrative but here is the bottomline I found:

- jaguar does assist with management of Almond, but they are different owners.

- I was taken on a small tour of both sites. In MHO, Both were very nice. Jag seemed higher end.

- Biggest problem to me in the area the potholes that can swollow a SUV.

http://belizewalkabout.blogspot.com/

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.