Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#42739 - 08/04/01 10:57 PM Green Parrot Resort
JillB Offline
My husband and I are looking at a four day weekend on AC later in the year (perhaps November) and we're seriously thinking of spending it on the north end for some quiet couple time. I don't find much info or comments on the board regarding the Green Parrot and I'd love to hear about it from someone who has stayed there. I've checked out the website, but would love first hand opinions. We spent five days in early July, stayed at Paradise Villas, so we are somewhat familiar with the island. We realize the north end is a bit remote, but I think for a four day weekend that would be just great!

#42740 - 08/04/01 11:05 PM Re: Green Parrot Resort
papashine Offline
The Green Parrot is no more,It was sold awhile back. I believe that it has been renovated and is called Portofino. Maybe someone else can give you more details

#42741 - 08/04/01 11:27 PM Re: Green Parrot Resort
Gaz Cooper Offline
Hi

green Parrot was sold and is now under renovation and will be Portofino resort scheduled to open end of September I think.

There are many nice resorts up north depending on what you are loking for here are a few

Playa Blanca Beach Resort
(Luxury Beachfront Condos)
www.divebelize.com

Mata Chica Resort
(beach cabanas) very stylish
www.matachica.com

Captain Morgans
Beach cabanas
www.captainmorgans.com

Norht is not so remote as all provide regular trips into town and all are only 10 minutes by boat fromtown

North is peaceful beautiful and quiet but close enough to town for when you want to visit

Have fun

gaz

#42742 - 08/04/01 11:32 PM Re: Green Parrot Resort
Gaz Cooper Offline
OOOPS i forgot to mention Portofino
www.portofinobelize.com

Beachfront thatch cabanas

regards

Gaz

#42743 - 08/05/01 08:55 PM Re: Green Parrot Resort
JillB Offline
No more Green Parrot? Well, I guess things are always changing. Thanks to you both for the info. I tried the portofino website and could not connect, so perhaps someone will have more information about that.

#42744 - 08/06/01 02:22 PM Re: Green Parrot Resort
Air-Hog Offline
www.PortofinoBelize.com/
I am scheduled to stay there in May, let me know what you think.

#42745 - 08/06/01 03:53 PM Re: Green Parrot Resort
KC Offline
Is Portofino South or North of Mata Chica? I was there in July and didn't see it. Maybe I didn't walk far enough.

Kathy

#42746 - 08/06/01 04:08 PM Re: Green Parrot Resort
Air-Hog Offline
I think its North of Mata Chica, the map shows it as the mort northern resort on the island. Not sure if it has a pool though.

#42747 - 08/11/01 04:40 AM Re: Green Parrot Resort
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
I got a chance to stop in at Portofino when I was on the island earlier this week. The manager who showed me around has lots of plans and his descriptions of what will be there sound great ... though right now it is basically the old Green Parrot main building and a group of partially constructed cabanas. I take it that like many projects in Belize this one has had its share of delays and problems, but work is now underway. However, if everything is finished by the planned mid-September opening it will be something of a miracle, in my opinion.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First magazine http://www.belizefirst.com/

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Marty, Judyann H., Canuk), 57 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,188 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.