Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#428012 - 01/16/12 09:32 PM Anyone know about dd-wrt?
filmmaker ben Offline
I'm having some trouble setting up a new router that uses dd-wrt. If you're knowledgeable on the subject, I'd appreciate it if you'd PM me.

Thanks!

Ben

#428017 - 01/16/12 10:24 PM Re: Anyone know about dd-wrt? [Re: filmmaker ben]
Bear Offline
Ben, are you using a router other than one provided by BTL?

Apparently BTL has implemented some firmware configurations specific to their boxes. Their system is apparently looking for these handshakes and if they're not there the router wont initiate to the web. In addition BTL is refusing to help cusotmers configure non BTL routers.

#428031 - 01/16/12 11:59 PM Re: Anyone know about dd-wrt? [Re: filmmaker ben]
Sober Offline
You have to set up your router's ip. It must be in the same range as your modem. example, If your modem is 192.168.0.1, use 192.168.0.2 try that and see what happens. Bear is correct but if you are using the btl modem with this router then all should be ok.

#428063 - 01/17/12 05:17 AM Re: Anyone know about dd-wrt? [Re: filmmaker ben]
filmmaker ben Offline
That's all helpful, thank you.

Are our IPs static or dynamic?

#428072 - 01/17/12 07:32 AM Re: Anyone know about dd-wrt? [Re: filmmaker ben]
Bear Offline
Originally Posted By: filmmaker ben
That's all helpful, thank you. Are our IPs static or dynamic?

Most likely dynamic Ben, you usually have to pay your ISP for a static address.

and my bad, Mc Plus was right in his clarification I was referring to a non-BTL modem or modem/router combo initializing to BTL's WAN. If you're adding another router to existing BTL hardware youre good and the issue I raised doesnt apply.

McPlus wouldnt the BTL box's DHCP server assign his new router an IP address within the correct range of addresses?

#428122 - 01/17/12 04:05 PM Re: Anyone know about dd-wrt? [Re: filmmaker ben]
Sober Offline
Yes it does, that could be the problem it needs to be set manually, the best set up is just change the last IP number of the modem to the next higher value on the router. example, if the modem last IP number is 01 set the routers number at 02.

#428128 - 01/17/12 04:48 PM Re: Anyone know about dd-wrt? [Re: filmmaker ben]
Bear Offline
Which means Ben you'll need to open your router's web server utility and adjust the address then reboot the thing.

If youre not comfortable (or unfamiliar) with that process why dont you give Julien Riveros, owner/operator of CSM 2000 in SP, a call? I'll bet he can sort it out very quickly and you won't age to the point where youre older than me trying to configure the damned thing. I sent his web site addy to you in PM.

Let McP and I know how it goes, the ever curious minds want to know.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Jameela01, Marty, 2 invisible), 43 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,083 Topics
462,384 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.