Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
C
Yawn tired

R
R
Gee Mr. Clover, I thought you where all for the ballot box and democracy??? Not when a union is threatened though and may have to live up to standards that most other professions already adhere?? When is democracy OK then? confused

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
C
C
This thread wasn't about petty partisan US politics....but somehow you and Pug managed to destroy the message. Oh well...you don't have to be a jet scientist....or how does that go? You just need to comprehend a story line that bears no relevance to your post....just sayin' wink

S
S
Trying to post this a 3rd time..apparently while the site was down my comment(s) were lost.

"This doesn't specify if they are in poverty, if the men they say are educated or not."

Read the subject line. It will help you define what is being talked about and the generalization is that it's about people living in poverty.

Take off the blinders a bit and think in terms of third world poverty where education can create opportunity.

Originally Posted by clover
This thread wasn't about petty partisan US politics....but somehow you and Pug managed to destroy the message.

The message of this thread is that education will help people of all races rise out of poverty.

My contention is that its the quality of education, not just the length of time spent in school that matters and that a failing 12th grader will benefit little from 2 additional years of state provided "education".

Whenever there is competition, in ANY field, not just education, the consumer (student) benefits, and yet voucher programs are fought at every opportunity by the Teachers Unions, who will ALWAYS put their members and their political philosophy ahead of the needs of the students.

As I highlighted of all races, please default to standard insult reply #2 grin

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
C
C
I believe the original post talks about remedial education in the 3rd world. For instance: the use of condoms will probably reduces the incidence of AIDS. The ability to use a computerized cash register will probably improve your chances of finding a job. The ability to do simple geometry could create a job as a journeyman construction super or aid in placing someone on a survey crew. The original post has nothing to do with unions or anything remotely similar to the issues you seem so obsessed with in the developed nations. wink

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.