Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Day 1: We arrived in Belize City, went thru immigration and customs, and headed for Tropic Air. We were put on the 3:50 PM flight to San Pedro. I look at my watch...it's 3:50PM. I chuckle to myself, my wife looks panic stricken. "Where's the gate?" she asks. We get to the gate and a flight is leaving. Another couple gets to the gate looking even more panicked..."WAS THAT OUR FLIGHT?" Naw...that was the 2:50PM flight! NO PROBLEM! I take my watch off for good, and tell Kathy "We're on island time now!"

We arrive in San Pedro and take the taxi to Seven Seas. BEAUTIFUL GROUNDS, BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. The rooms are clean, the pool was nice, and the price was right! Best of all, were the people that work there...Sherrie, Carol, and Luis took great care of us. I instantly felt like I had known these people for a very long time. They thought I was a return traveler to AC!! (I was told that a couple of times!) Met jackieo from the board as we were checking in, and mcjennifer soon afterwards.

Kathy, having just finished the Avon Breast Cancer 3-Day walk the day before (60 miles in sweltering heat), is whipped. She goes in for a nap, Doug and I go for a Belikin, literally PEEL our shirts off, and head out to the end of the pier to soak up the breeze and the turquoise water. Kathy shows up a couple of beers later and announces "I'm Hungry!"...no problem, I'm happy!

We head to Papi's Diner. All I can say is WOW! You'd never guess the caliber of food that comes out of this place just by looking at it. We order Belikins. Papi informs us that tonight's special is grilled lobster, for $32BZ($16US). No need for a menu then! We have Shrimp Ceviche for an appetizer...TO DIE FOR! Out comes the lobster...not one, but TWO lobster tails on each plate...TO DIE FOR! Papi is a wonderful, friendly man who serves excellent food...we WILL be back!!!

Now folks, I had a mission on day 1, and that was to deliver a Colorado Avalanche pennant to Niesje and Tex at La Margarita Restaurant, as they are both big fans and used to live in Colorado. So we grabbed a taxi down to their place and walked in. Tex spotted me immediately and shouted "Colorado! ...you folks grab a table anywhere you want, a pitcher of margaritas is on the house!". Unfortunately, Niesje was back in the states (sorry we missed you!), but we had a nice chat with Tex. (We also ordered another pitcher of margaritas!) Now the pennant hangs proudly at the front of the restaurant, just below the Denver Broncos pennant. So if you go to La Margarita, which is a BEAUTIFUL place, hoist a beverage, point to the Av's pennant, and toast me..."Aye, Aye, Pirate!"

Now I have a belly full of Belikin, lobster and margaritas. I'm in heaven. We hear loud music and are told that the Punta Kids are playing over at Crazy Canucks at the Playador. Off we go...as we're walking into the bar, Doug feels someone tap on his shoulder. "Hey, mon...You guys wanna take a walk and smoke some ganja?" NO THANKS. We order beers, another tap on the shoulder, this time a policeman wanting to know if we were being solicited for anything illegal. Not knowing what to expect if something went down, we said no. Hung out for several beers watching the locals punta with the tourist girls. Land sharks were thick in that place!

Time to head back to Seven Seas. We decide to stroll barefoot on the beach and in the water back north. Out of the shadows comes another tap, this time on my shoulder. "Wanna smoke some ganja?" NO THANKS! (I think word got around, as we were only approached one more time all week ).
We hear more music and spot Shark's bar...gotta go in. We are the only non-locals in the place, and proceed to party with the locals...all of whom were extremely friendly. A BIT OF ADVICE: stay away from the viper rum!!! Finally, you can poke us with a fork, 'cause we're well-done by now! I go to settle the tab. The price goes from $15, to $30, to $45!!! I'm trying to get outta the guy how much it really is when Doug walks in from the pier and tells me he already paid the tab. So I let the guy have it. The other local guys weren't too happy about it either. So be warned...look out for yourself, because some are out looking for you! (I think partiers are targeted as easy prey) This was the only time this happened to us...we never ran a tab again, but I heard of similar incidents throughout the week.

Finally, back at Seven Seas and hit the pool...the water's great. We run out front and dip in the ocean, run back in and jump in the pool. Eventually, bathing suits were flying outta the pool! We hit the room...the clock says 3:30AM...OUCH!

Day 2: Recovery....more to come!

Fantastic!

Don't be a big tease and keep us waiting for the rest.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

A
A
Good stuff, pirate, real good stuff....

Let's hear s'more!

Yo Pirate, isn't Papi the best? Papi made me so happy.

K
K
hey you wooden legged man, welcome back to the mile high city. Nice report, we dropped off a Stanley Cup Championship Puck to Tex on our visit there in June.

Just one quick question though.

Hey Pirate,

do you want to smoke some ganja??

Koz, you crack me up, where have you been?

Pirate,
Know just how you feel about Sherrie, Carol and Louis. They were wonderful..... Isn't the pool marvelous??? I usually had it all to myself when I was there... What room were you in? top floor?? front building? To the right??? that's where we stayed. Heavenly view..... Glad you had such a good time and enjoyed Papi as much as we did!!
Debbie

OP Offline
We were in Room #7...GROUND FLOOR BY DESIGN...no way was I gonna make the SHE-DEVIL climb stairs!!!!

Papi was WONDERFUL! Kathy asked him if he was gonna card me and he said "Yes! He might be too old for Belikin!" HAHAHAHAHA!!!
He had his shirt tucked in, that had a large picture of a fish on it pointing straight up. Kathy was quick to point out..."Hey, Papi...you have a fish coming outta your pants!!!!" Cracked-him-up!!!!! [Linked Image]

P
P
Worth reading the whole series

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.