Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Ak'bol palapa over the water visible from Grand Caribe dock

We live right down the beach from Ak'Bol "yoga retreat and eco-resort". Back in the fall, I bid on and won a series of six lessons in the Saga Humane Society's silent auction. I had only done yoga for a short time through a weekly class at work, which had been discontinued due to budget cuts during the Nortel bankruptcy, so I was feeling very rusty.

It's just a short walk down the beach path...

I started attending class at Ak'bol every Saturday morning towards the end of 2011 and loved it. Once my gift certificate ran out, I knew I had to continue on with it. Kirsten is an amazing teacher and makes everyone, even a relative novice like me, feel welcome. Even though I still have a long way to go, I can already tell that I've become stronger and more flexible from my newfound yoga practice. This "me time" is one of the highlights of my week, and I always finish the class feeling more peaceful and relaxed than I started.

Barry took photos this morning along the way to class and during the class as well.

It's just a short walk down the beach path...

Class is held in the palapa over the water -- a perfect setting catching the ocean breezes.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on the BeBelize Blog

B
B
I love Ak Bol. LOVE IT. But yoga? I need to be converted. Kicking and screaming. It's so pretty up there. And I am impressed.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it...this coming from someone who didn't take her first class until age 49! grin It's never too late to start.

If you ever want to do a class, you might start with the 10 am Sunday class (every other day it starts at 9 am). I haven't been to that one, but I've heard it's a "restorative" class, a little more mellow, with more emphasis on relaxation and flexibility. Sounds like it might be a bit easier for a beginner. I've heard that Wednesday class is the most challenging and fast-paced. I haven't tried it, but it's packed when I ride my bike by.

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Yoga is not really my thing but I have taken a class with Kirsten before and she is a very good teacher, especially for people like myself with little yoga experience.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.