Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#429727 02/06/12 02:54 PM
OP Offline
I've lived in San Pedro for almost 2 years now and I'm thinking of getting a part-time job! I've just recently become a resident, so I don't need a work permit!
I'm a qualified Dental Nurse with over 20 years experience, but have also worked part-time in a school in the UK!
I'm looking for something maybe a couple of days a week (Monday and Wednesday preferably - but can be flexible)I'm honest, reliable, flexible and Scottish! Can't speak Spanish...
Not sure if bar work is my thing, but if anyone thinks they may have something that I can do, let me know smile

Thanks

Scottish..............can you dance............like the River Dance Troupe or teach ?

OP Offline
I can dance - badly!!! lol
And the river dance troupe is Irish....... lol

C
C
Question? When you got your residency it is stamped in your passport what your occupation is. If you got your residency under the retirement status, you cant work at all. It is extremley hard to get a working residency for being a nurse, just curious....you dont want to find yourself with an order to leave the country.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
C
C
Just read your post again and sounds like you best pay a bit of attention. You could never have gotton a working residency for being a nurse and a bartender....you are scamming here, I do take it personally, I respect what alot of us ex-pats have gone through to work here, live here and respecting the country. You my dear are not being honest.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
P
P
Originally Posted by Cooper
Just read your post again and sounds like you best pay a bit of attention. You could never have gotton a working residency for being a nurse and a bartender....you are scamming here, I do take it personally, I respect what alot of us ex-pats have gone through to work here, live here and respecting the country. You my dear are not being honest.

The person posting this is real. Not a scammer in fact her screen name is her real name. She has gotten her residency. Her trade is as a Dental Nurse has all her UK licences. However she knows that the Dentists on this island work alone without the help of an assistant. So she is looking for other jobs that she may be qualified for that is part time. Since you don't know her you also don't know she has been coming to the country for 15 yrs before moving here full time and that her family has a small resort on the mainland. She also has kids in school here and owns property here. She went for her residency they proper way and did not pay someone to get it for her. So she does live here and respects the country. Sorry if I sound like I am being rude. But Lorna is a personal friend.

Last edited by purdygrl; 02/10/12 08:24 AM.
E
E
Cooper should take a vacation, somewhere else.

JZB Offline
Agreed Purdygirl! Cooper, your negative post is uncalled for.

I can confirm that Lorna and purdygirl are correct. Lorna was a dental nurse prior to living here. She has lived here for 2 years without working while she got her papers sorted out. She is a home owner, has children enrolled in school and she is one of the nicest, sweetest, most personable folks I have met in a while.

E
E
I rarely read, much less comment on posts made at 1:00AM,but Coopers post was insulting.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.