Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#431140 02/22/12 07:56 PM
ALC Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a poster printing business and would be glad to bring some large prints or posters when I come down the first week in April.
Maximum 5 feet wide x ? length.
UV inks.
Extremely reasonable rates.
PM me if interested

P
P
Remember to bring your Trade License and your GST regestration. Not to mention proof of your Social Security payments, business tax payments, Import Duties on products including paper and ink. Your higher than avearge cost to rent. Oh yeah and this week paint removal from premesis costs..................

Then remember if I see you I'll be pissed off because you will illegally be taking money out of my pocket.

It is paradise but it's hard enough to make a living down here without people like you illegally undercutting. No issue if you're here and set up legit - but if not........................

ALC Offline OP
OP Offline
I actually meant for personal use.
Didn't mean to take your business.

ALC Offline OP
OP Offline
Are you saying that you don't purchase items from outside of Belize?

P
P
It's OK - Overeaction on my part. I was having a bad morning and hadn't been outside to remind me of where I'm lucky to be.

S
S
Sorry ALC but Phil is right! Here in Belize we usually use what's available. Yes, it could be that your printing machine print bigger sizes but why should we need bigger sizes? The local businesses had to import all machines, all paper and all ink and they paid more than 40% duty and this duty support the country and people of Belize. Then they rented or bought a local shop and pay taxes every single month and this money support the country and people of Belize. They hire and train locals and every single of these locals need the job urgently as there are not unlimited jobs. They have an income even in slow season, feed 4, 6 or 8 family members, help Grandma and Grandpa and try to send one or 2 of their kids to high school. For most of our businesses who hire locals it is really difficult to survive till next high season comes! .... and then in high season some gringos think they should bring their stuff down - stuff that support any foreign economy or make a cheap machine without 45% duty "earn more money".

That's exactly the opposite of what Belize needs. So please concentrate on YOUR market and advertise in your country and do not bring prints for reasonable prices - please bring your good mood and your open eyes to see great nature, an amazing sea and many smiling faces and maybe one of these smiling faces has reason to smile as they have a job, an income and food and who knows: One of the smiling faces might have a job in the printing industry? :-)

Again another beautiful day in paradise - just smile and be happy :-)
The AC board is always good for a few chuckles :-)

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
ALC Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Phil
It's OK - Overeaction on my part. I was having a bad morning and hadn't been outside to remind me of where I'm lucky to be.

I was just trying to be nice.
Didn't realize I was stepping on someone's business toes.
Phil maybe we can work out a referral plan for traveler's from the US. How about I buy you a beer to discuss...

P
P
It's actually my wife's business so you'd need to discuss it with her. Marie, gecko girl on here at Gecko Graphics. Sadly for you that means the price went up to a Vodka!!!

ALC Offline OP
OP Offline
OK Vodka is also my spouse's poison of choice.
Your on.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.