Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by COJeff
Do you have any good recommendations on cheap/respectable dive shops? Thanks again!

Lol! I dunno Jeff. Generally speaking it would seem to me that cheap and respectable are on the edge of being mutally exclusive when it comes to diving...just sayin'. I say that with no reflection or inferences about any operator on the island. It's just that I imagine any diver would want a good reputable dive shop; maybe ask if a cash payment would get you a better rate and lessen the cost. When asked I always recommend to our guests that they go see an operation once theyre on the Caye and judge for themselves.

C
COJeff Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Ok then, whats a good reputable dive shop.

I'm looking to do some of the bigger dives not necessarily the close off shore ones.

I'd like to find a company who takes trips to the atolls, especially glovers...and/or where ever the whale sharks are.

S
S
If you want to do Glover's or Whale Sharks you'll need to stay at Tobacco Caye, South Water Caye (about 70 miles south of AC) or Placencia.

Amigos del Mar has frequent trips to Turneffe and the Blue Hole in a big comfortable boat.

L
L
You're welcome. I would use Ramon's again, if I hadn't sworn off cattleboat diving. We got a package deal with our condo and they refunded the cost of our remaining dives after we quit. Otherwise, I would rely on this forum for suggestions. They either know themselves or have heard about the various dive operators on island. As for whale sharks, they are around in the most numbers in April and May. Sun Dancer (Peter Hughes) takes week long live aboard dive trips aimed at seeing whale sharks...I think. I've been on the Sun Dancer, but not during whale shark time, so check their website to check my facts.

Last edited by lakerat; 02/25/12 09:10 PM.
More research required.........cheap and respectable.............key words!

C
COJeff Offline OP
OP Offline
C
^Or you could just let me know who is good if you know?

E
E
Can someone translate to me what Lakerat just said ?

I understood what lakerat was writing about Plain & Simple

E
E
Bite me

let me put my fangs in

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 313 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.