Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#431142 - 02/23/12 02:28 AM Coming down for spring break to dive...need help
COJeff Offline
So I booked a flight to Belize yesterday and have made no reservations for anything yet. My local dive shop says I should book all my dives and where I'm going to stay through them.

I was wondering if I just come down there (March 15th-March 26th)if I'll still be able to get on some dives since I'm sure lots of people will be there. I also want to head down to Caye Caulker. Will it be hard to find a place to stay in either place or dive trips last minute...or should I book everything in advance? Obviously saving money is a priority.

Thanks!

#431149 - 02/23/12 05:34 AM Re: Coming down for spring break to dive...need help [Re: COJeff]
COJeff Offline
Really? Nobody knows anything that can help me out??

#431150 - 02/23/12 05:51 AM Re: Coming down for spring break to dive...need help [Re: COJeff]
papashine Offline
If it were me, I would book a hotel for both San Pedro and Calker now, it would not hurt to book your diving as well, your time frame puts you right in the busiest time of the year. JMHO. Enjoy.

#431151 - 02/23/12 06:21 AM Re: Coming down for spring break to dive...need help [Re: papashine]
COJeff Offline
Thanks!

Will it be hard to even find a cheap hostel type place to stay?

#431161 - 02/23/12 02:33 PM Re: Coming down for spring break to dive...need help [Re: COJeff]
elbert Offline
It is definitely the busiest time of the year and getting a room and reservations for your diving should be done now.

#431164 - 02/23/12 02:39 PM Re: Coming down for spring break to dive...need help [Re: COJeff]
lakerat Offline
Click the link below to look at budget accommodations:

http://AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/lodge/lodgingprice.html

As soon as you make your reservations (yes, definitely make them NOW), start researching good, well respected dive operators~ near~ your hotel and book your dives ahead. Be sure to ask about their cancellation policy if weather or other problems arise, such as ear problems, etc. I said near your hotel because it makes it easier to haul your gear back and forth, catch early trips, and because most surface intervals happens back at the dock so it's nice to walk back to your hotel to rest a bit, rehydrate, eat, grab any additional gear, etc.

By the way, your attitude toward all of us on the forum helping you is off putting. We are not paid travel agents, rather people helping people have a wonderful vacation and sharing our opinions and ideas. Having a positive and friendly attitude will take you far on this forum as well as on island.

#431270 - 02/24/12 06:24 PM Re: Coming down for spring break to dive...need help [Re: lakerat]
COJeff Offline
Not sure what attitude you are speaking of... But thank you for the website I really appreciate it! That's exactly what I've been scouring the web for!!

Do you have any good recommendations on cheap/respectable dive shops?

Thanks again!

#431274 - 02/24/12 06:51 PM Re: Coming down for spring break to dive...need help [Re: COJeff]
Ernie B Offline
I personally didnt see "any attitude" except yours Lakerat

Have a great trip !

#431287 - 02/24/12 08:53 PM Re: Coming down for spring break to dive...need help [Re: COJeff]
bobcat bill Offline
Excuse Ernie, but he lives in a different world than most of us

#431305 - 02/24/12 11:31 PM Re: Coming down for spring break to dive...need help [Re: bobcat bill]
Ernie B Offline
Certainly a different world than you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,231 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.