Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
We are planning an early July trip. I could make it earlier if I knew there was a lobster fest!

L
L
The Caye Caulker Lobster Fest dates have been released, it will be held the weekend of June 29-July 1, 2012. Come one, come all to enjoy the festivities!!

Lizette Marina Alamina-Gutierrez
L
L
The organizing committee of San Pedro Lobsterfest is pleased to announce the official dates of the 2012 San Pedro Lobsterfest. Festivities will begin on Friday June 15th, 2012 and culminate with the traditional Lobsterfest Block Party on Saturday June 23rd, 2012. With 9 days of celebrations of all things Lobster, the 2012 San Pedro Lobsterfest is the longest and largest Lobsterfest yet! Stay tuned for more announcements of specific events and locations leading up to June.

Lizette Marina Alamina-Gutierrez
B
BnR Offline
B
June 29, 30 and July 1, 2012 grin

Caye Caulker's Lobster Fest coming very soon!!

If you don't have any plans set yet for the end of June, then think no further, the Caye Caulker Lobster Fest will be the event to attend with three days full of fun and excitement!! Below is the flyer indicating what will be happening for the three days starting with pageant night on June 29th. You don't want to miss this!! Caye Caulker has been celebrating the opening of the lobster season since 1994!

For those who have not bought your tickets or secured your hotels, time is of the essence. We are now firmly in June and the Caye Caulker Lobster Fest is nearly upon us!!

If you do not know the dates – Friday 29th June, Saturday 30th June and Sunday 1st July are the dates to be here.

Friday will open with the Miss Lobster Fest pageant at 7.30pm – Five lovely girls – Jasmine Skeen, Shania Sanchez, Jasmine Arce, Vicky Canul and Sylvia Joseph will be fighting (in a lady like manner) for the 2012 title. As you can see from their photos, this particular competition will be tight – from my view all five girls should receive the title!!

Jasmin SkeenShania SanchezJasmine ArceVicky CanulSylvia Joseph

As a change to the weekend’s entertainment – the occasion will be followed by an evening of music and dance – with DJ Julian and TAGG International.

Saturday morning there will be the opening ceremonies, followed by an afternoon of beach party and games. The highlight of Saturday and indeed the entire Lobster Fest will be the entertainment lined up for the big party in the evening – Youth Connection, DJ Clarence, TAGG International and DJ Khris will glide us smoothly through the evening – don’t miss out!

Sunday will be more of the same with more beach party and games – more music and more fun for all the family! And how can we forget … the reason for why we celebrate this weekend … the island will be filled with all styles of mouth watering lobster dishes throughout the three days!!!

So come one and come all … come and celebrate with us at Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2012.

Raggamuffin Tours

Press Release from the Caye Caulker Lobster Fest Pageant Committee

Miss Stephanie Arce, Miss Lobster Fest 2010-2012

Pageant fever is high on Caye Caulker right now, and the Pageant committee is in full swing with their preparations for this year's Miss Lobster Fest 2012.

Five daring and vivacious young ladies are vying for the title this year and are already in training for what promises to be one of the best pageants yet. The Miss Lobster Fest pageant committee is once again looking forward in working with local national designers.

Starting off the show, the ladies will be wearing dresses made by Mr. Emil Alvarez of Emil Alvarez House of Couture, followed by Mr. Gabriel Garcia's Costume designs. The outfit designs and concepts themselves are going to be setting the stage ablaze - just as well as the girls, who are going to be wearing them.

Miss Jasmine Skeen

Miss Jasmine Skeen is 17 years old and presently enrolled at St John's College Junior College. She is an occasional model, a dancer at the Ballet Art School for 14 years, a certified first aid administerer at the Belize Red Cross, and a trained swim instructor, who volunteers at the YMCA teaching children how to swim and overcome a fear of water. She has supported cancer awareness by dying streaks of her hair pink and blue.

Miss Shania Sanchez

Miss Shania Sanchez is 16 years old and presently attending Ocean Academy high school in Caye Caulker. She enjoys playing volleyball, cooking and baking. She's always willing to volunteer her time in helping others as well as her community as she is a very outgoing and friendly.

Miss Jasmine Arce

Miss Jasmine Arce is 17 years old and in her final year of High School. She is looking forward to continue her studies as she wants be a successful business woman and a role model in society. She is a friendly, risk-taking, courteous and an outgoing young lady, who believes that to accomplish great things we must not only act, but also believe.

Miss Vicky Canul

Miss Vicki Canul is 18 years old and presently attending St. John College Junior College. She enjoys modeling, reading playing sports as she is a very energetic, loyal and hard-working individual with a friendly and caring personality. Reading and writing poems are also on the top of her list of hobbies.

Miss Sylvia Joseph

Miss Sylvia Joseph is 19 years old and a proud Graduate of San Pedro High School, with goals of becoming a pharmacist and someday hoping to lobby with national government to open up a well needed polyclinic on the island. She is definitely not a shy person and enjoys playing sports, dancing and modeling. She is a very family oriented person and loves to make new friends.

Some of the upcoming events leading up to the pageant are as follows:
11th June: The annual Gala - The official sashing ceremony of the contestants. Tickets are already on sale for one of the locals' favorite nights. Guests get to sit down to a fantastic 3 course meal, enjoy music, and an atmosphere that promises to thrill; this year's theme is a Masquerade Gala and tickets are $65.00 BZD

17th June: Contestants' Trip - an educational and adventurous trip inland where the contestants get to experience some of the beauty that Belize has to offer.

27th June: Motorcade - Contestants decorate golf carts with their own creative ideas for a parade around the island. The contestant with the best float will win the title of Miss Creativity which will be announced on Pageant night.

29th June: The big event all the preparations have been leading up to as these young ladies compete for the title of Miss Lobster Fest 2012. Starting off the show with a dance number interlaced with the introduction presentation where the contestants will take the stage by storm with confidence, beauty, sass, elegance and poise wearing dresses from Emil Alvarez House of Couture. The second segment follows as the contestants will wear fabulous costumes by Belize's very own talented designer Mr. Gabriel Garcia; the theme of these costumes however will remain a mystery until the night of the pageant. The third segment will allow the contestants to showcase their creativity and talent via the depiction of a Caye Caulker life style. This segment helps in the promotion of culture, art and the awareness on how important sea life/island life is toward the development of the island and its eco-system. Then in the much anticipated part of the night, the audience will witness elegance at its finest as the contestants sashay down the runway with gorgeous evening gowns that will lead the show into the question and answer segment right before the announcement of the big winner. This will all take place at the Palapa Garden on June 29th 2012. Seating will start at 6:30pm while the big show is set to kick off at 7:00 pm sharp. Tickets can be purchased from any committee members at $15 adults and $10 children for express entrance or in line at the door. This is one show you do not want to miss. The Newly Crowned Miss Lobster Fest 2012 will then give the Welcome Address at the opening ceremony of the Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2012 grounds, the following morning to officially welcome visitors and fellow islanders to the festival.

The pageant committee takes this time to thank Belize Tourism Board, Purple Passion Beauty Studio and Spa , Rainbow Hotel, Rainbow Grill & Bar, Barrier Reef Cable System, Lazy Lizard, Island link, San Pedro Sun Newspaper, Caye Caulker Chronicles Online Newspaper, Ambergris Today Online Newspaper, Caye Caulker Water Taxi, San Pedro Belize Express, Hol Chan Marine Reserve, the people of Caye Caulker, San Pedro and the mainland for their overwhelming support year after year.

Contact persons: Ernesto Marin Jr., Chantel Marin, Ilda Marin, Elizabeth Usher, Matthew Badillo and Shary Trejo

Source: Caye Caulker Chronicles

Miss Lobster Fest pageant to be held June 29th!

With the opening of the Lobster season on June 15th, our fellow Caye Caulker people have been preparing for this year's season as avid fishermen have been seen busy with their lobster traps so they can be out bright and early on the big day!!

The Caye Caulker Lobster Fest Committee have likewise been very busy preparing for this year's Lobster Fest as they want to make it the biggest and best Fest on the island as we progress into another year of enjoying the succulent king lobster.

This year's Miss Lobster Fest pageant will be held on Friday, June 29th, which culminates the beginning of the Fest. Please come on out and support your favorite contestant as each and everyone of them will need your kind support pageant night!!

So, who will be our next Miss Lobster Fest?? Jasmine Skeen?? Sylvia Joseph?? Shania Sanchez?? Jasmine Arce or Vicky Canul???? Best wishes to all girls as they prepare to grace the stage with their presence on pageant night!! The winning Miss Lobster Fest will be on hand to deliver the Welcome Address for the Opening Ceremony on Saturday, June 30, 2012 so don't miss it!!

Caye Caulker Chronicles

C
C
I can't wait for it! This year looks like it will be better than EVER!

B
B
I'm excited about my first one...can't believe I've missed it for years.

San Pedro's was pretty fun last night...http://www.sanpedroscoop.com/2012/06/culmination-of-busy-week-san-pedro.html

See you next weekend.

The Original Lobster Fest

There are Lobsterfests all over Belize nowadays - but there's only one original Lobsterfest - and that's the one in Caye caulker. They started 17 years ago as a way to raise funds for their community - and give locals a chance to enjoy a delicacy that, honestly, many Belizeans have never eaten because it's too dear and too rare.

And so - with due deference to Placencia, San Pedro and even Bird's Isle - we travelled this weekend - as we have so many times before - to Caye Caulker for their Lobsterfest where the sweetest meat you'll find in a shell was in abundant supply:...

Jules Vasquez reporting
Belizeans flocked to Caye Caulker on Saturday - a mix of locals and tourists.

Neal Bradley, Founding Member - Caye Caulker Lobsterfest
"We have a very good turnout up top now and I must say that out Lobsterfest which is the original Lobsterfest has a different concept from the other Lobsterfest in that we want our Belizean people to come out to Caye Caulker and be able to get lobster in different shapes and forms and at a reasonable price."

A reasonable price for the king of crustaceans: Lobster.

Luis Alcoser
"It's called Losbstefest because we want the people enjoy it because it's affordable. The big ones are like $35 and we have the smaller ones for $25 and these ones for $30. We always try to make it affordable for the people."

And while it may seem expensive - it's actually cheaper on this weekend than at any time of the year

Luis Alcoser
"For these 3 days here you can get it cheap. These come directly from the fisherman - from us, we don't buy and sell - it comes from us. Myself is a fisherman and so we go out and catch it live - we just chopped it up and get it ready. We make everyone feels good by giving them a good price."

But an enjoyable price depends on what your budget is:

Isidoro Villamil, Grilled Lobster
"The biggest one I have is 4 pounds and I sell this one for $100 with two side dish; rice and beans and cole slaw. I put it first on the grill for a while and then turn it over, not make it too dry."

Reporter
"What type of special process you do to prepare, to make your lobster dish more special than the other person?"

Lobster Vendor
"We paste garlic butter on top of the lobster. That's what the people love."

Luis Alcoser
"The garlic is the power in everything; the butter and the garlic. That's the special ingredient for the lobster."

Neal Bradley, Founding Member - Caye Caulker Lobsterfest
"Like I said you can get stew lobster, you can get grilled lobster, you can get lobster ceviche, and there is a lot of other stuff going on."

Most of them will sell about two to four hundred pounds of lobster over the weekend - to a very grateful public.

Reporter
"How are you enjoying the Lobstefest that is going on?"

Elias, From Belgium
"Well as far I know the best thing was yesterday. Even when I saw Miss Lobster, I think she was called Sylvia; a very nice girl. When I saw her for the first time on the stage I just knew she was going to win and she did, so I a kind of very happy and now I am just looking for her because I would like to have a picture with her, so that's why I am here, but of course I am also going to eat some losbter."

Edwin, From Nigeria
"I never knew there is a place like this in Belize. It's been really fun, I've gone dancing and swimming and there are food, anything you want here. It's really fun here."

A local funfest with international flair - and some of the finest lobster in the world - what could be better?

Half of the funds raised go back to the island. This year the money will be used to finish two classrooms for the school.

Channel 7

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day