Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
There is a fund raiser planned here in Virginia for Rob & Dana, the honeymoon couple who were injured when hit by a water taxi. Their medical bills have been astronomical, with Rob having had 4 surgeries already, prosthetic devices, therapy and counseling. Dana is suffering from severe post traumatic stress disorder and is in intensive therapy.
If anyone would like to contribute to the fund raiser being held on March 9 in Charlottesville VA, here is the link to the benefit show http://www.jeffersontheater.com/rob-and-dana-benefit-show
I asked the family if they thought auctioning off a trip to Belize would be offensive or awkward, and after careful thought and consideration, they decided they would welcome the opportunity as it would probably raise significant funds in the silent auction, and Rob & Dana did love their trip to Belize, and the warmth of the Belizean people, until the unfortuate accident. So I now approach the businesses in SP - who would like to donate a few nights hotel, a few dinners, a mainland tour or snorkeling/diving trip, etc. The family would be very grateful for anything donated. I can put it together as a package for the event, along with some Barb's Belize "goodies." Let's work together to turn this around and generously show support for our guests whose lives were dramatically changed by their visit to Belize.

Please PM or email me if you would like to donate. And/or post your offer here. [email protected]

Last edited by Barbara K; 02/28/12 11:15 AM.
Hi Barbara

Mathieu's would like to donate a Private Chef evening to the auction winners, if they're put up in a condo with kitchen, we would agree a 3 course menu for them and cook it and serve it in their condo. If they are in a hotel, we would offer a three course private dinner on our rooftop with private service, valued at $75 usd. Good luck with the planning - I will send you a gift card or see you in April!

Anna & Gunter
Mathieu's Delicatessen & private chef services

Mathieu's Delicatessen

Gunter the original & best.... baker, chef: breads, breakfast, lunch, FOOD!
OP Offline
Thank you so much. That is really wonderful & generous.

I hope to have a lot more donations soon! Let's all step up and put a great package together to auction off for these folks.

Hi Barb, put me down for dinner at Hidden Treasure and a trip to d&E's....

got a snorkel trip with alfonso too. let's step up for these folks.

Thank you to everybody that is spreading the word and participating in showing the love that Belize has to offer. Please keep the wonderful spirit alive and fertile.

E
E
I will donate BZ $10000 if someone matches me within one
min

E
E
SEAduced with donate a sunset cruise charter for up ton ten people. $500.00 us value.

C
C
Ernie..because of the lack of decimals was your offer $10K or $1,000. $100.00 a match could be in the works....

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
C
C
Ernie..just saw the one minute clause, and then the lack of decimals,,what a cop out. I will give $100 if you do, even if you dont, but think you should.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 177 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.