Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#431699 - 02/29/12 03:50 PM Tropic Ferry: A New Way to Travel BZE to SPR
Marty Offline

Tropic Ferry: A New Way to Travel From Belize International Airport to San Pedro

While sailing up north on the Rum Punch 2 a few days ago, I noticed a boat I've never seen before, the Tropic Ferry.

More investigation and I found out this: it is the newest way to travel to and from the International Airport outside of Belize City to Ambergris Caye. And they drop off customers all along the island. At your home or resort's dock

• When you arrive at the International Airport, you will be met by someone with a sign with your name on it. You will take a short 3-5 minute shuttle ride to a restaurant called The Oar House in Ladyville where you will board the boat on the river. The boats are 40 person water taxi type boats.
  • On the trip, you enjoy free refreshments and rum punch and a little music.
  • An hour and 15 minutes - 45 minutes later (depending on your location) you are dropped off on your dock.
  • The price is $75USD one way or $125USD round trip.

According to management, the boat is getting more and more popular with people that are staying far south (maybe at a private house) or farther north. It would also be useful if you are travelling with a larger pet.

They are going 1-2 times a day right now and 5 days a week but it is all reservation driven.

For more information about the boat, check out Tropic Ferry. And if you have already tried it out (it's been up and running since July 2011), let me know how the trip was. This is definitely something I am going to have to test out.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop

#431704 - 02/29/12 04:09 PM Re: Tropic Ferry: A New Way to Travel BZE to SPR [Re: Marty]
Judyann H. Offline
Great find! Thanks for showing us this.....

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com

#431710 - 02/29/12 04:52 PM Re: Tropic Ferry: A New Way to Travel BZE to SPR [Re: Judyann H.]
ragman Offline
A friend of mine used Tropic Ferry yesterday and I'm waiting to hear how it worked out. He had his dog with him and he was headed back to the States.

If it worked out, I plan on using that method in May and probably on any trave to BZE when I take my dog.

#431739 - 02/29/12 08:56 PM Re: Tropic Ferry: A New Way to Travel BZE to SPR [Re: Marty]
BrusselSprout Offline
I'm curious to test it out myself. Like the idea of the Ladyville transfer...

#431740 - 02/29/12 09:05 PM Re: Tropic Ferry: A New Way to Travel BZE to SPR [Re: BrusselSprout]
Loansum-Al K Offline
BrusselSprout, taking the day off today?!

#431746 - 02/29/12 09:36 PM Re: Tropic Ferry: A New Way to Travel BZE to SPR [Re: Loansum-Al K]
BeBelize Offline
She's volunteering at the offshore drilling referendum voting place today.

Sure wish I could vote NO!

Emily

#431749 - 02/29/12 10:24 PM Re: Tropic Ferry: A New Way to Travel BZE to SPR [Re: Marty]
Judyann H. Offline
So far so good.....I sent an e-mail this morning with some questions and they responded within the hour.....I'm confident we'll be using them in the future.

#431755 - 02/29/12 11:03 PM Re: Tropic Ferry: A New Way to Travel BZE to SPR [Re: Marty]
papashine Offline
250.00 bz round trip, is it just me or is the price a tad on the high side, boat to Chet is only 120.00 bz round trip.

#431756 - 02/29/12 11:05 PM Re: Tropic Ferry: A New Way to Travel BZE to SPR [Re: Marty]
Judyann H. Offline
From what I understand this includes the meet-greet & transportation from Goldson to the Ferry......And don't forget the Rum Punch & water.....Plus direct delivery to your pier.....

#431761 - 02/29/12 11:13 PM Re: Tropic Ferry: A New Way to Travel BZE to SPR [Re: Judyann H.]
papashine Offline
well speaking just for myself, I really do not need a meet and greet, the cab ride down to the doc is prob around 10 dollars bz, rum and coke is retail about 5 bz, water 2 bz, still doesn't add up. JMHO but charging more then twice what it costs to get to Chet may be a sure way to go bust...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,230 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.